Getting hold of an old window + frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an outhouse at the bottom of the garden. A window fell out along time ago and I was thinking of replacing it (frame and all).

Any ideas where I could get one from? I was wondering where fitters get rid of old windows when they install double glazing for example?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Sponsored Links
Hi simonpearce,

Try Ebay, I got a hardwood look UPVC window for the garage for £20 including the glass. Most window fitters will cut the old frames to make them easier to remove.

FK.

go down to your local council dump. they usually put things like that aside and resale them. i picked up a four folding door set for £10 the other week. needed a bit of work but perfect for what i needed

Sponsored Links
You also try some of these Double glazing shop that sell the reject window which has been made the wrong size, I picked up a 48" x 48" white upvc dg unit for £20! You can also buy clip-on extension bar that come at 5mm, 10mm, 15mm or 20mm if the window is too small for the opening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back