Getting rid of orange stain on pine?

M

MrsDavies

When we moved into our house, we inherited some fitted wardrobes in the spare room, which are great for storage, but are made of pine (I think), which has been stained orange.

The carpet is green, and I have just finished some clover printed curtains. We have a bedspread which is patchwork vintage style mixing pale green and rose pink and cream.

The carpet is adequate, and I am planning on painting the walls this weekend. I had wanted to do them a dusky rose pink, quite pale though to keep the room bright, but it would clash horribly with the orange pine.

Our idea was to eventually strip the pine back, and limewash to keep the grain, but make them paler. However, we had a decorator in, and he said that we wouldn't be able to do that because the varnish would have soaked into the wood.

Any ideas for getting rid of the orange, and turning it into something less offensive that would tie in with the vintage rose/pale green scheme?

Thanks!
:D

Sponsored Links
"ANTIQUE PINE" varnish/stain especialy oil based is the most likley cause of the yellowing

assuming you have a framework with doors why not remove the doors strip the doors finnish as you like with trial and error deciding what works

and just rub down and paint the frame to match the room keeping in mind all the choices you are going to throw at the doors ;)

for example limewash doors and 2 shades darker green on the frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back