Getting the best price for selling van

Dont know about selling it but be careful if you’re buying a Euro 6 transit, they’re nothing but trouble. I know two blokes who have them from new and they are both having persistent oil dilution problems. Basically the same engine as fitted in the current Range Rover Evoques and Disco Sports and they have the same problems. In fact one of the transits is back at the main dealers as the engine literally blew up last week - 2 months out of warranty!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I remember doing some work for an insurance assessor who valued written off vehicles, I was in his office when he made a call to an insurance company with his valuation, he was taking it from one of those booklets that you used to get form newsagents with used car prices in

I swapped mine recenty - chopped it in for the new one. No fuss.....except my mate got a sniff and said he wanted my old van as long as I offered him the same price as the dealer was chopping. No dramas.

Otherwise I'd happily chop mine in to the dealer (Vanmonster in my case) every time.

Sponsored Links
Just checked Honest John. Between 12 & 13k apparently. Thanks jonbey.
(Durham, I'm a heating engineer).Luckily, in London even 7 or 8 miles away gets a 'sorry, you're out of my area', hence 38000 miles in 5 years. Unfortunately though, on the trip computer my average speed is 9 miles an hour!!

Only-Fools-and-Horses-van-008.jpg

Lol. Transit custom, swb,black, full bespoke racking, internal 3m pipe storage & full Rhino roof rack...

The one that blew up last week was a pimped up one - looked like the A team were going to burst out of it anytime. When the recovery truck turned up, they couldn’t get it on because of the side skirts! Had to get a different truck to lift it.

The thing is, in London no one knows what to buy. Especially if our 'mayor' gets a second term!! How long till Heating Engineers get the blame for the weather!!

Sponsored Links
Back