van (Moderator, split from hi jacked post)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my first post on here lol

been a ex decorator for some years now, just thought i see how the decorating game is going lol.

just thought i need to make a point here on the basis of this topic

turkey building fords why not? ford are losing millions selling cars at a discount to move new cars. problem with the uk is its to expensive to build cars here, euro, wages ect. moving car factories to turkey or the middle east means that car manufactures can start to make a profit.why pay a englishman £20 quid an hour when you can pay someone in the middle east peanuts

like i said im a ex decorator now work for a big car manufacture so can see how car manufactures are moving to the middle east, gone are the days about quality and more on profit.

personally i know how cars are built from cutting the metal to putting the car together and personally i wouldnt touch a british built car honestly the build quality is rubbish buy a car or van from the 1970/1980's.i heard dyson mentioned british built yea i've got one great machine but i wouldn't have a clue about build quality compared to another model,and its the same about vans and cars you look at the looks and price if you like you buy.

one example i owned a honda accord 1983 great car nice to drive full of waxoyl in the panels so i knew it would last, bought a honda civic (type R)last year great fun to drive (engine came from japan car built in swindon)build quality rubbish, maybe rubbish is a hard word as i always inspect a cars build quality before i buy, apart from the honda which was a very quick car indeed, but did feel cheaply made.

the best built car i've seen so far is german which is what im driving at the mo not cheap but you can see where the money has been spent

:D

Gordy, please read the FORUM RULES

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Vivaro made in Luton, but it is basically a Renault, n'est ce pas?

vivaro and the renault are made by nissan. it was a joint venture by vauxhall and renault but nissan build them hence the nissan primastar (same van).

all 3 vans are built in barcolona and not the uk and use mostly renault parts.

nissan won the bid to build these vans as they were the cheapest bid to build these vans

crafty1289 said:
1. no dyson i have ever seen has a 500w motor. afaik they all have 1200-1400w motors.

They did make a small vacuum when they first came to market, not sure about the details, but I don't think it was quite 1000w..however that was in the dim and distant past..

crafty1289 said:
2. I have great respect for Mr Dyson, he sees the flaws in everyday objects and makes them better, though his washing machines didn't get much of a reception in the UK, since he was asking £1000+ for them.

Perhaps you might like to review your respect, 1 months ago he laid off all UK staff and moved Dyson manufacturing toTaiwan and India as production costs are cheaper. The washing machines were rubbish, had they been sold as clothing shredders then he may have sold a few more.

The vacuum's Dyson make are rubbish. They claim this that and the other for them, but I have used them, they are total crap for the price paid..I'll still to my Henry's.

crafty1289 said:
3. A lot of the price you pay for a Dyson product is research and development costs, which i think you will appreciate are a lot for a product like dyson vacuum cleaners.

R&D and Dyson are mutually exclusive, Dyson does a lot of the so called research himself, yet he is only a designer..he is not an engineer and has no engineering abilities or talent...his products are no better than anything else on the market, in fact generally they are of poorer quality.

Sponsored Links
hello gordy, I don't know if you realise that Nissan are a subsiduary of Renault and have been foor a few years.
regards johnwr

Back