Ghost in the machine? Bing bong noise from??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TV was on BBC One, I was watching news followed by local news and beneath the TV I have a Fire Cube, and from that general direction I keep hearing a loud, louder than the TV's sound level a Bing-bong type noise, similar to the noise MS Outlook makes when an email arrives. No email had arrived.

I have been hearing it for a week or two, but this evening I heard it three times within the hour, none of the program content was of a type where mail could be arriving.

Yes, the Fire Cube does sometimes wake up, perhaps triggered by something it hears or mishears and gives a single bong, but not the same.

Sponsored Links
We hear noises quite often. That's a neighbour's wife reversing in. It used to be just bins but last time, she knocked Jack's BMW R100 through the double glazing of their porch. I went out to have a nosey but as things evolved, a tactical withdrawal was called for.

We hear a bong bong bong noise occasionally, it's the neighbour reversing his car onto his drive.

No, this is definitely a noise from some gadget in the living room and I heard it since then, whilst watching a different channel. Trouble is, it's so infrequent, and so short - it's difficult to catch where it's from.

Sponsored Links
Move the fire cube somewhere else!

I cannot, it is limited by the HDMI lead length, but it seems too loud for the cube anyway.

[UPDATE] I still have the noise, cube is not flashing when the noise occurs and as above, I think it is coming from the TV - I have so far failed completely to find any reason for the noise, and it is completely random/irregular. Cube is on 24/7, TV often on just 'for a bit of company', I have never noticed the noise with the TV off. TV is an LG webOS UJ630V which has no scheduled recordings, set up.

Does this help...............

Does this help...............

Maybe - It was set to allow 'other devices' to connect to it, I have turned that to off. I have also turned bluetooth off too - Only time will tell.

Harry, STEP AWAY FROM THE MAGIC MUSHROOMS, STEP AWAY I TELL YOU!!!

If only it were that simple. It's been quiet all afternoon, long enough to think I had stopped it, then at around 6pm, and an hour later, it did it again.

I've just 'revoked' the device pairing, see if that fixes it..

Would be good if it flashed something on screen, to let me know what the noise means..

A quick update - I never managed to find the source, it was just too irregular, but what ever it was, it has now stopped completely, and I am none-the wiser.

Fire cubes make a bing when they receive a new notification, most are just apps silently updating in the background or requests to rate a product you bought on amazon, these die after 24 hours...go to settings and notifications

Sponsored Links
Back