Giant Moths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who knows something to keep moths away?
Millions around here, and as big as bats.
Just swatted one in mid-flight, and it was so big, I could hear where it fell on the floor. Disgusting, and they eat my clothes and curtains.

Sponsored Links
Anyone who knows something to keep moths away?
Millions around here, and as big as bats.
Just swatted one in mid-flight, and it was so big, I could hear where it fell on the floor. Disgusting, and they eat my clothes and curtains.

Balls.

Croquet mallet sprinkled with talcum powder.
When the moth lands, whack it, the talcum powder will kill it instantly...It's good stuff.

Sponsored Links
Killing them is easy enough, they are slow as $hit and I can swat them in the air just as easily as when they sit on something. What annoys me, is getting dive-bombed by the feckers, and there are lots of them.
What I am looking for, is something that discourages them from coming in at all.
I've had my mother in law over for the weekend, but that didn't put them off, so I guess I need some rather drastic solution.

put a 500W light at the end of your garden and then get heavy lined curtains, they'll go bother the light at the end of the garden and not mistake your iluminated window for the moon..

Killing them is easy enough, they are slow as $hit and I can swat them in the air just as easily as when they sit on something. What annoys me, is getting dive-bombed by the feckers, and there are lots of them.
What I am looking for, is something that discourages them from coming in at all.
I've had my mother in law over for the weekend, but that didn't put them off, so I guess I need some rather drastic solution.

Could be that the MIL was attracting them :!: :LOL:

I play merry hell with people when they leave the bathroom window wide open and the lights on. One or the other!

put a 500W light at the end of your garden and then get heavy lined curtains, they'll go bother the light at the end of the garden and not mistake your iluminated window for the moon..
I tried that, and it worked from wednesday til friday.
Saturday morning between 2 and 6, the light got nicked.

Crafty buggers them moths then!

Crafty b*****rs them moths then!

Just my bloody luck, bought it at the wrong time. Drugs dealer down the road got his a few days later, and it is still there; the bastwad that nicked mine obviously only wanted one.

I understand he bought his cheap, because it was "nearly new"

Sponsored Links
Back