Glasgow School of Art.

Sponsored Links
49 tons of jet fuel and 2 airliners as opposed to a hotpoint fridge would make a difference I guess?

49 tons of jet fuel and 2 airliners as opposed to a hotpoint fridge would make a difference I guess?

Indeed. Poor old noseal calls himself a builder. Yet he doesn't know the difference between concrete encased steel and exposed steel.
An early snap shot of the WTC for noseal to ponder over...
1280px-WTC_bathtub_east.JPG

The decking system...
Wtc_floor_truss_system.png

With the intense heat the steel would just bend like rubber and the concrete above would just come crashing down.
That said, pour that amount of fuel into a building combined with the explosive force of the airplanes and even concrete wouldn't likely stand a chance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Correct.

However, any building that has been occupied and subsequently incinerated, whether that be concrete steel or marzipan is going to require a lot of money and work to bring it back up to spec'. And loads trapped inside still die.

That was my point. Grenfell will be demolished in any case, so that makes a further nonsense of Rogercons post.

Last edited:
Grenfell will be demolished in any case, so that makes a further nonsense of Rogercons post

Why will it be demolished? Because its structurally unsafe?

With so many people killed demolishment is the best option.

Why will it be demolished? Because its structurally unsafe?
Possibly or that it will cost more to re-furb. Either way Rog, your post was pointless. A bit like yourself.

Fill any building with occupants and it becomes flammable.

As I suspected...

Michael Lockwood, who has been inside the building five times, told a public meeting in 2017:

"I think that to be honest, the building will stay up throughout 2018.

"Then towards the end of 2018, I think we could start to bring it down, if that is what the community wants, and the scaffolding will help us to do that because we can do that within the wrap."

It is not clear what will be put in its place but it seems likely some sort of memorial will be constructed.

Sponsored Links
Back