Glasswasher...New years eve...pub...help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly I don't in reality expect anybody to be there tonight but I have to try.
I may have dropped an almighty clanger, in a nutshell the glasswasher went bust, I needed to sort it today as it is NYE, so I have bought one that is wired 3 phase, but when referenced on the internet, the spec sheet said it would run on 3 phase or single phase this is the link http://www.cesa.org.uk/assets/memberManuals/76_EcoStar_GB.pdf
and one of the lads said "it's ok you just pop earth to earth, neutral to neutral and the 3 lives into one terminal"

I realise that this is going to arouse the ire in some of you, but needs must and I am reasonably sure that doing this is not life threatening. I wired it up, and when switched on it sounds like it is working but nothing is actually happening.

Am I stuffed......Happy new year, and thanks for all your help throughout the last one.

Sponsored Links
EDIT: IS it the 430 F or the 530F that you have got?

Re single phase, What do the installation instructions say?

At a quick glance I can't see where it says that the 3 phase one can be converted to single phase. Also the 3 phase one is over 5kw so would not work on a standard 13A outlet. It also depends as to whether the pump motors are SP or TP. Might be able to help more with a photo of the rating plate and connections ?

Sponsored Links
Ha ha ha! :LOL: how sad are we to be keeping one eye on the forum, I bet your other halves don't know.
It's my good fortune that you are.

Taylortwocities,it is the 530F and unfortunately there was no handbook

Ricicle, you're quite right, I made an assumption because it gave specs for both. It must be referring to a completely different model, although it doesn't say that, it makes more sense.
Also the 5kw load is the writing on the wall I think.

Diyisfun, Can you imagine how many sparks there would be in the room after that announcement was made :LOL:

It was helpful to write it down, and then get a few well informed answers before getting somebody in to do it manually.

Time to get my marigolds out now :rolleyes:

Once again, have a good one guy's, and thanks for taking the time out for somebody who needed it.

There are many machines that can have the three phases linked together and it's neutral wired into a single phase supply.

What was the machine wired into?

Something connected to the 13 amp sockets, or was some kind of separate radial circuit, eg a cooker point or similar?

Taylortwocities,it is the 530F and unfortunately there was no handbook

Not brand new then ;)

The spec says its 230 volt/50Hz/1phase or
400 volt/
50Hz/3phase + neutral.

But you need the installation manual to see what needs doing to connect it up.

I guess 3 phase isn't available?

Anyways, it look like for tonight you've got a Fairy Liquid situation.

Gotta go and plunge a meat thermometer in a very big bit of beef.
Good luck tonight!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back