Glo Worm 30cxi "F12" and no hot water / Which &quo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display on my Glo Worm 30cxi is flashing "F12", which is a problem with the connection between the PCB and the display.
However the fan is also constantly revving and before the display starts flashing "F12" it shows the pressure constantly changing between "0.9", "1.1" and "1.2".

Had a plumber come out this morning and he took the unit apart to check all the connections on the PCB and the Display Board; and all seemed to be fine.
He recommended that I take British Gas up on their £65 (0-30mins)/£180(31mins-2hours)/£399 (2 hours+) fix it now fee as he couldn't be certain that the PCB was at fault.

British Gas are also offering a £99 fix it now + £22 a month (for a year), which also includes a service (which we need).
This works out ~£363 for a working boiler, a year's cover and a service.

Glo-Worm are offering to fix it for £260.

So which of the 3 should I take?

Sponsored Links
That can be the PCB but it can also be many other components as well.

Probably better getting a fixed price repair.

Tony

with the fan revving its usually eh interface pcb but wouldnt want to bet on it !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back