global warming bullshit, truth ,man myth or just nature????

Well I was responding to your specific comment about things being sourced within 10 miles, and coming up with a solution to that specific idea.

No solution is good, we only have 'not as bad' solutions.

The Stern Review concluded that it will cost less money to do something now than do something later. Doing things now like changing our behaviour towards long distance food and goods will cost less than not doing so.

No proactive solution will be kind to the poor, doing nothing will be less kind.

Sponsored Links
Chappee, it is more than obvious to me that you no nothing about road haulage, for arguments sake lets assume you were to send a parcel for next day delivery from Exeter to Bristol using TNT as they are quite good at that sort of thing, how would you plan the route it would take, what motorways??

It would depend how TNT manage their logistics. If they put it on a plane from exeter to Brussels then sorted it there then put it on a flight to bristol that would not be unusual for these carriers.

Or they could put it on a lorry and send it up the m5.

Almost certainly they would plan in real time and decide what to for once they had forward Visibility into what was coming their way. they would know this because the shippers would be sending advance shipment notice to TNT as the product was processed at the shipper.

You just turn up where and when they tell you and take a load to where they tell you. I have no idea where the hubs would be for that route. It would be where their systems decided made most sense and not necessarily where you or I would think it made most sense.

I was half expecting you to say they would chuck it in a van and drive it up to Bristol, but you're right it go's to a hub in Tamworth then redistributed from there, it is the most efficient and quickest way to handle it.
Which brings me back to the disribution of food throughout the UK, believe me when i tell you that the likes of Wal Mart know what they are doing, 30odd years ago we didn't have the variety or freshness we enjoy today.

Sponsored Links
The idea of increasing the cost of goods via the back door in the form of additional taxes will mean low income families will be hit harder than the richer ones.

Yea, but who gives a **** about poor people, they should get better jobs and stop spending their money on fags n booze.

The idea of increasing the cost of goods via the back door in the form of additional taxes will mean low income families will be hit harder than the richer ones.

Yea, but who gives a s**t about poor people, they should get better jobs and stop spending their money on fags n booze.

Go on then where are these better job's.

Yea, but who gives a s**t about poor people, they should get better jobs and stop spending their money on fags n booze.

Go on then where are these better job's.

These better jobs have been taken by the influx of EE's who are prepared to work for low wages by our standards, but compared to what they can earn in their own country its MEGA BUCKS, then they can go back home and buy their dream homes that are a fraction of what the cost here would be!!

These better jobs have been taken by the influx of EE's who are prepared to work for low wages by our standards, but compared to what they can earn in their own country its MEGA BUCKS, then they can go back home and buy their dream homes that are a fraction of what the cost here would be!!

I know that Pred just wondering where Joe,sorry Aron is going to find them.

I know that Pred just wondering where Joe,sorry Aron is going to find them.
Searle may be many things, but he's not completely stupid. He was simply parodying some others on here for a lark IMO.

I was half expecting you to say they would chuck it in a van and drive it up to Bristol, but you're right ...........

Well it's good of you to say so, plenty on here would go on a tangent... You'd be surprised what I know about logistics......

However although it is the most efficient way to supply current society, the model of society has to change, and shipping stuff to a place the other side of the country just to bring it back the next morning isn't going to be sustainable in the medium to long term.

Sponsored Links
Back