Glow worm 30cxi dead

I did say "probably". No need to get tetchy now.

This is a forum and some people may have different opinions than yours, "this" is one of those times.

Sponsored Links
To be fair, this is probably the only range of boilers that I wouldn't give the same advice as you, Vicvapour. 90% of the time any other boiler would need a new board.

This is a forum and some people may have different opinions than yours, "this" is one of those times.

er no you said this

Board is dead, replace PCB.

that could have cost someone alot of money.
Whilst you may not enjoy being pulled up on your poor advice, the op will probably be quite appreciative not to waste a load of money on replacing a perfectly good pcb. Most people only post on topics they have extensive knowledge about, others choose to pretend to know about everything....

er no you said this

Whilst you may not enjoy being pulled up on your poor advice, the op will probably be quite appreciative not to waste a load of money on replacing a perfectly good pcb. Most people only post on topics they have extensive knowledge about, others choose to pretend to know about everything....

How is it a perfectly good PCB of it doesnt work, sounds like someone else if giving out poor advice.

At no point in my post did i "pretend to know about everything" for you to say this, the omnipotence is coming for your good self sir.

If you or anyone else disagrees with me, thats fine, it is a forum where people post, but for you is assume that you are right and other is wrong is just plain arrogant

Sponsored Links
Also the OP has thanked me, i gave my opinion, you gave yours!

Stop interfering in other peoples posts!!!

er no you said this

How is it a perfectly good PCB of it doesnt work, sounds like someone else if giving out poor advice.

At no point in my post did i "pretend to know about everything" for you to say this, the omnipotence is coming for your good self sir.

If you or anyone else disagrees with me, thats fine, it is a forum where people post, but for you is assume that you are right and other is wrong is just plain arrogant

How is it dead if its fine? We dont know either way, but you stated that the pcb was dead, which was wrong and it was right that this was pointed out the op. Andy and bell gave solid advice, yours was wrong, just accept it. I didnt neither do claim to know everything, just pointing out that having seen this fault dozens of times its not always the pcb, probably in 30% of cases if that. Stop getting all narky cos you were wrong. it happens.

Now now lads....

I know Andy, but look, none of us are in front of the boiler are we, so we are all just guessing, yes some are better than others, but no need to slag others off, thats just plain wrong on a help forum.

er no you said this

How is it dead if its fine? We dont know either way, but you stated that the pcb was dead, which was wrong and it was right that this was pointed out the op. Andy and bell gave solid advice, yours was wrong, just accept it. I didnt neither do claim to know everything, just pointing out that having seen this fault dozens of times its not always the pcb, probably in 30% of cases if that. Stop getting all narky cos you were wrong. it happens.

Okay, well lets see what happens, if the OP gets back we will find out whats wrong with it

Now now lads....

I know Andy, but look, none of us are in front of the boiler are we, so we are all just guessing, yes some are better than others, but no need to slag others off, thats just plain wrong on a help forum.

Yea very true. It's best to be as diplomatic as possible with any advice because there's always someone smarter just around the corner. It' takes a real nob for me to start slagging anyone off on here.

Yep, true, most of the people on here are sound, its nice to read about new problems that people are having and the solutions that are offered.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this one, i may be right , i may be wrong, but at least we've partisipated ey?

Yep, true, most of the people on here are sound, its nice to read about new problems that people are having and the solutions that are offered.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this one, i may be right , i may be wrong, but at least we've partisipated ey?

Ha you watch, the OP will turn around and say it was the PCB :D :D :D

To be fair that's unlikely, we'll probably not hear back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back