GlowWorm 30CXi completely dead

Just don't see the point in a forum where people can only answer with "I know what's wrong but can't tell you" - just needs a nah nah na nah nah and a sticky out tongue to go with it ;)

I must confess I find that pretty boring too, there is an enormous wealth of knowledge on these boards but over the years there has been an enormous rise in these posts which is I why I don't really post too much now.
There should really be a sticky at the top saying 'almost everything you need to know is in your manufacturer instructions'. Then we can all go out and actually do some work!

Sponsored Links
So, did you pay the first engineer who correctly diagnosed the pcb for his trouble, when you cancelled his second visit?

No, and he didn't ask to be. I would have been happy to pay a call out if he'd wanted for his trouble. However, his general attitude means that if I have a plumbing issue in future, that isn't boiler specific, he'll be top of my list to call. A bit of give and take in these sort of relationships means repeat business from me.

If you pay an engineer to fix your boiler then you expect that he will be competent to diagnose the fault without needing your help.

If he is a nupty and gets it wrong then you certainly dont need to pay for parts which dont fix the problem.

If he is in any doubt about his ability then he should not take on the job.

Most boiler parts are not returnable so its a big risk for him if he does not get it right first time.

Tony
I agree with everything you say here Tony, however again as the customer with no expert knowledge you have to work on trust. In this economy, I suspect lots of people will take on jobs they may not be 100% confident on. I'd much rather someone say they can't fix something, express their limitations and then if I have work I know they are capable of I already have an inkling of their honesty and trustworthiness.

As mentioned in my last post, this sort of give and take goes a long way with me, as I suspect a lot of other customers, in building a longer term relationship with any tradesmen (or indeed any company providing a good/service.)

However, his general attitude means that if I have a plumbing issue in future, that isn't boiler specific, he'll be top of my list to call. A bit of give and take in these sort of relationships means repeat business from me.

Let's hope that's some consolation to the fool when he files for bankruptcy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back