Glow worm 30cxi dead

Lol I know just thought I'd mention the basics if he's new.

Unplug lwps,fan and flow switch one at a time, if the display reappears with or without a fault code that will be the place to start looking.

Sponsored Links
Hey guys, thanks for any comments you have posted, spent a further three hours at the job today and glad to say it is now up and running. I called Glow worm technical this morning before going back to the job as it is a long distance between the job and the suppliers. Following some helpful advice I returned to the customers house with a control interface card, feeling hopeful, plugged in the new control interface card, followed instructions and set it up to suit the boiler, finally lights and display on the boiler, however now an F9 fault code pointing towards system pressure sensor, took harness off sensor and checked for continuity (all fine) 1 hr 30mins round trip to supplier, installed new system pressure sensor and bingo everything working fine.
As per Agiles comment I wanted to satisfy myself that main board was faulty and not changed in error, disconnected new main PCB that I fitted yesterday, reconnected old one, switched on and the boiler was completely dead, refitted new board and all worked fine.
On hindsight a fixed cost repair from manufacturer probably would have worked out a lot cheaper for the customer, I only charged for parts on this job and have put it down to a learning curve.
I have applied to join the combustion chamber forum and look forward to getting some professional advice in the future.

Thanks Again

Hey guys, thanks for any comments you have posted, spent a further three hours at the job today and glad to say it is now up and running. I called Glow worm technical this morning before going back to the job as it is a long distance between the job and the suppliers. Following some helpful advice I returned to the customers house with a control interface card, feeling hopeful, plugged in the new control interface card, followed instructions and set it up to suit the boiler, finally lights and display on the boiler, however now an F9 fault code pointing towards system pressure sensor, took harness off sensor and checked for continuity (all fine) 1 hr 30mins round trip to supplier, installed new system pressure sensor and bingo everything working fine.
As per Agiles comment I wanted to satisfy myself that main board was faulty and not changed in error, disconnected new main PCB that I fitted yesterday, reconnected old one, switched on and the boiler was completely dead, refitted new board and all worked fine.
On hindsight a fixed cost repair from manufacturer probably would have worked out a lot cheaper for the customer, I only charged for parts on this job and have put it down to a learning curve.
I have applied to join the combustion chamber forum and look forward to getting some professional advice in the future.
you should of at least charged for your travelling expenses ( fuel-time ) and at least an hour , because really your paying him to fix his boiler (n) . do you want to work for me ?:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hi AGAS yeah on reflection I maybe should have charged something, felt bad for the customer as the parts on their own came to over £400 and don't think they really had it to spend, and as I said earlier it probably would have been cheaper for them to get a fixed price repair,had I realised or been more experienced to know that both boards and sensor were all at fault I would obviously have recommended this.
Regarding that job,are the rates of pay good ? (y) I don't normally work for free

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back