Glow worm 30CXi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there the masses,
My boiler has been gradually losing water pressure in the heating system over the past year which i believe is quite normal.
And have topped it up in the past via the filling valve ie the blue Knob, i'm a aircraft engineer and consider myself very competent with dealing with this problem, seeing as i put the boiler in myself and having it cleared by a corgi plumber.
But the fillng valve doesn't seen to be working??? can it be removed easily and repaired or replaced?
To me it all looks pretty simple but i don't wan't to go digging a big hole for myself.
Also in the boiler manual it doesn't give a part number for the valve? any idea's?
would be grateful for a response cheers.
rik.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I have never taken them apart but its possibly the non return valve which is jammed closed rather than the valve itself.

You should be able to dismantle it carefully in a clean room environment.

I would dry and lubricate the rubber seals with silicone grease. Do they use that on a 737 ?

Tony

Ignore tony(just this once ;) ). the valve stem has almost certainly snapped.. Made of plastic. New one made of brass. Make sure you get a genuine NEW part, therefore new brass version :D

Sponsored Links
The part retails at less than 30 quid. Scatman has told you what to do - and It literally is... 5 minutes

Dave

Thanks guys,
Much appreciated.
You've been a great help!!!
I'd like to add a lot of people on here have said bad things about my boiler but i've had no problem with it until now, and the plumber I had comission it said it was a good unit!
Rik.

Thanks guys,
Much appreciated.
You've been a great help!!!
I'd like to add a lot of people on here have said bad things about my boiler but i've had no problem with it until now, and the plumber I had comission it said it was a good unit!
Rik.

Each to their own but i would not have one in my house, they are a water leak just waiting to happen.

Hi Scatmanjohn,
Ill bear that in mind....
Just after i've fixed it yeah the leaks will begin!!
ha ha, i'll let you know!

I hope that the next time you repair the 737 I am flying in, that your report will be more comprehensive!

So far, I dont know what you have done to your boiler. Have you sorted it out yet?

I have to say I am a fan of Sky 526 and the air disasters programs!

Even the 15 y.o. now knows that if one wing tips during level flight you apply differential throttle settings! And if it goes into a dive you pull the stick back! Pity her SATS results are so poor!

I am going on Monday to do a boiler repair for another aircraft engineer in Heyes!

Tony

Hi Tony,
Well i ordered the part from the link ebay, and have just heard back that they can't find it, luckily i have enough pressure at the moment....
Must order again from someone else!
Don't worry i'll get round to it enventually.

you may have it sorted but anyway.as ex group service engineer(vaillant+glowworm)thought i may help we add many problems with check valves.you can get a filling kit.comes with new tap +new tube and check valve.

I have to say I am a fan of Sky 526 and the air disasters programs! Tony

So am I, but would we all fly again if we really knew how poorly the aircraft are maintained :rolleyes:

I remember once landing in Washington, looking out of the window and was amazed to see an engineer topping the oil up on one engine with a small plastic bottle of oil.

Didn't seem quite right as it would be on a car. :eek: I know they need oil but the sight of a large 747 engine being topped up seemed weird :confused:

I have to say I am a fan of Sky 526 and the air disasters programs! Tony

So am I, but would we all fly again if we really knew how poorly the aircraft are maintained :rolleyes:

I remember once landing in Washington, looking out of the window and was amazed to see an engineer topping the oil up on one engine with a small plastic bottle of oil.

Didn't seem quite right as it would be on a car. :eek: I know they need oil but the sight of a large 747 engine being topped up seemed weird :confused:

i once took a flight to bulgaria with balkan airlines, tupolev 154 i think the plane was. two emergency exits over the wing and one was bolted shut with flat stainless bar and coachbolts :eek:

me and my stepdad were cracking jokes about the threadbare carpets etc and the stewardess came over and asked us to stop as some passengers were starting to get worried about the condition of the plane and we weren't helping. :LOL:

i once took a flight to bulgaria with balkan airlines, tupolev 154 i think the plane was. two emergency exits over the wing and one was bolted shut with flat stainless bar and coachbolts :eek:

Probably because the wing had been condemmed as unsafe to stem onto !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back