Glow-Worm Betacom 28A - no heating but hot water fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a boiler question. It's only about five years old and I've never had an issue with it until today - that is the central heating no longer works.

20181015_164552.jpg

I was using my wireless unit (see pic). When flicking between the sun, moon and off settings, you could hear the usual *click* in the boiler as it tried to turn the heating on and off.

20181015_164744.jpg

But that was it - just the clicking, no boiler/pump kicking into life. I've tried turning the boiler on at the boiler itself using the "1" setting. But again, nothing. And now even the clicking via the wireless unit has stopped.

Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure it's out of guarantee now, and I am as poor as a church mouse, so can't really afford to get anyone in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, John. Yes, I wondered that myself, so have replaced the batteries with brand new, fully-charged ones. Don't think I do have the instructions, no.

Sponsored Links
Well, thanks for all your help, everyone (NOT!)

Thankfully, a local plumber came round and showed me what to do (and didn't charge a penny, bless him).

It's all about resetting the controls. There's a brilliant video on how to do it here, in case anyone else has the same issue in future:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back