Glow worm boiler: F14 error, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have Glowworm Combi, I think its Ultracom 30CXi,

I've noticed i've been getting an F14 error, it used to come and go but now it comes more and more especially when I have CH on and then put tap on hot, anyone know what this error is?

Can I sort this? Or strictly a professional?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi Micky,

Be patient please im a newbie to all this? How exactly would I do this?

Thanks

Refer to book for guidance but here is general guide.
Shut off cold water supply
Shut off flow and return isolators
Drain boiler heating side from black drain cock on bottom middle of boiler
Remove 2 screws securing plate heat exchanger to plastic manifolds.
Manouver plate he out from boiler( you will need to remove either right or left hand side panel to get it out)
Once its out you will see the contents of your radiators deposited in the bottom left hand port. flush out with mains water(in the garden prefferably).
tap and shake it and flush it till all the black bits are clear. Replace and refil.
Ideally put some silicon grease around the ports on the plate before replacing. Make sure washers are in place, set inside manifold

OR
call someone out to do it. :D

Sponsored Links
did you change the boiler model? just quickly changed my post thinking I'd misread it but I'm sure you originally said an xtramax??

Cheers Micky!

I'll have a look at this tomorrow and see if its something I could have a go at, if not, yeh, i'll call someone in,

Thanks again

did you change the boiler model? just quickly changed my post thinking I'd misread it but I'm sure you originally said an xtramax??

yeh sorry thought I changed it before anyone read, I thought it was xtramax from images on their site, but my user manual says 30cxi...is it a different procedure?

slightly different yes, but have now altered post again to suit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back