Glow Worm Climapro2 batteries run down in no time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal for Climapro2's to eat batteries? I'm lucky if they last a month!

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it helps :-

Always use alkaline batteries
Never use rechargeable batteries
Left column both batteries + pointing down
Right column both batteries + pointing up
"Batteries low" sign means 1 month battery power left

(Dry solder joints) - re soldering the batteries spring connection terminals to the circuit board has be known to solve the problem.

regards.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. As an electronics engineer anyway I did notice the battery compartment is particularly poorly designed but there are no dry joints and I don't put rechargeables in things like this as they rarely provide enough terminal voltage, so sadly it looks like it's just one-of-those-things. It wouldn't be so bad if they could supply a mains powered version of the controller, no-one really needs it to be portable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A continuous rated plug in power supply with d/c output might indeed be the answer. Soldered or a mini jack type plug - as an E/Eng you most likely could do that - but would it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Funny you should say that, a redundant 5V plugtop PSU from a Netgear ethernet switch has just come out of retirement and is working quite well :)

snb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the batteries normally last about 3 years. high battery usage is normally because it is struggling to communicate with the receiver on the boiler. Make sure you don't have stuff in front of the boiler. ( only a door etc)

Sponsored Links