Glow Worm Climapro2 batteries run down in no time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal for Climapro2's to eat batteries? I'm lucky if they last a month!

Sponsored Links
If it helps :-

Always use alkaline batteries
Never use rechargeable batteries
Left column both batteries + pointing down
Right column both batteries + pointing up
"Batteries low" sign means 1 month battery power left

(Dry solder joints) - re soldering the batteries spring connection terminals to the circuit board has be known to solve the problem.

regards.

Thanks. As an electronics engineer anyway I did notice the battery compartment is particularly poorly designed but there are no dry joints and I don't put rechargeables in things like this as they rarely provide enough terminal voltage, so sadly it looks like it's just one-of-those-things. It wouldn't be so bad if they could supply a mains powered version of the controller, no-one really needs it to be portable.

A continuous rated plug in power supply with d/c output might indeed be the answer. Soldered or a mini jack type plug - as an E/Eng you most likely could do that - but would it work?

Sponsored Links
Funny you should say that, a redundant 5V plugtop PSU from a Netgear ethernet switch has just come out of retirement and is working quite well :)

the batteries normally last about 3 years. high battery usage is normally because it is struggling to communicate with the receiver on the boiler. Make sure you don't have stuff in front of the boiler. ( only a door etc)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back