Glow worm micro thermocouple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow worm micro which is 4 years old. It fires up and works fine for a while and then the burner light goes out but the pump/fan inside continues. I have to turn the boiler off/on using the control knob on the boiler a few times until the burner light comes on again. Once again it works fine for a while but cannot be relied to stay on. Everything sounds like it is firing up and working fine but the Burner light is not always lighting up.

Does this sound like a simple thermocouple fault ?

I will call out a Heating engineer to service the boiler but I would like to have a rough idea of possible faults which would cause this.

Thanks for any answers

Sponsored Links
Does this sound like a simple thermocouple fault ?

No...it hasn't got one.

Could be a few things.

Hard to say without been in front of it.

Chris try a search, but known problems on your boiler are thermistor (cheap small part) or possibly the PCB (expensive).

Not really any definitave way of testing either.

Had a look at the PCB for dry joints and the problem has got worse. The ignition doesn't work at all now.

I have ordered and new PCB and let a professional fit it.

Hope it works.

Sponsored Links
This sounds more like a DIY job!

Most professionals would want to supply a new pcb themselves!

Most would not agree to fit a repaired pcb either!

Tony

How can having a look at the PCB get worse ? he is just looking for advice!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back