Glow Worm Micron 80FF problems

Sponsored Links
I recently went through similar problems with my Micron 60ff there is really only 2 culprits. Assuming the fan is working (important) and the system is calling for heat then the only bits that cause trouble are the PCB (old model with orange neons overheated) has been replaced with one with green led's and hardley any other components. Then there is the Thermistor in the top of the heatexchanger.

I changed both and all is well now.

Andy

Thermistors are equally as bad and will wreck a new pcb.

Please eliminate this (basic ohms tests will do it) before wrecking your new PCB.

David

boiler 7yrs old . I replaced thermistor after 4yrs . Seem to be lucky to have survived this long with only this requiring doing! Now, however, the boiler works fine for an hour or so in winter when heating on, then stops, even though room stat calling for heat. After about 40-60 mins it starts and then is fine again for half an hour or so before going into a sulk again. Is this the thermistor again or the dreaded pcb or something different? HELP PLEASE

Sponsored Links
:( After four years my PCB sat down (very scorched) which I replaced with the much tidier "green" upgrade.
Fired up the burner which worked for a while but switched off without really heated the water. This eventually descended into a display of green flashing lights from the PCB.
:purchased and installed a new Thermister, switched on and reset the boiler, hey presto - fired up first time and - fingers crossed - has been working OK since.

I may of put the cart before the horse here by buying the PCB first but prior to replacement I'd removed the old board twice to re-solder "dry" joints, and the large scorch mark that appeared convinced me it was time to bury the old one.

PS: Contacted Glow-Worm technical support who provided a fault finding guide to interpret the sequence of flashing lights on the new PCB - very useful.
Can be requested at the URL below.
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/service/question.asp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back