Glow worm micron boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the heating worked on friday night but stoped yesterday. The boiler will only stay alight for just over 70 seconds. Any ideas??

I can not understand why the hot water is still working? I have had a new radiator fitted but that worked on Friday night (first time it was used) :confused:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep.

motorised valve faulty?
pump faulty?
blocked cold feed?
dry header tank?
pipework blockage?
boiler fault?
roomstat fault?

Hope that helps.

David.

Sponsored Links
The Microns are notorious for dodgy pcb`s, sometimes if you open up the boiler and lift the pcb they fire up ok! I wouldn`t recommend doing it yourself though.If your pcb board is green glowworm have upgraded them and they are now brown because of the recurring fault, or it might be other way round, haven`t done one fer yonks.

I can not understand why the hot water is still working? I have had a new radiator fitted but that worked on Friday night (first time it was used) :confused:

Many thanks

Why did you not state this in your original post, and added it about 6 hours later?
Its totally relevent to the topic :rolleyes:

David.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back