Glow Worm Ultimate 50FF PCB Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glow Worm Ultimate 50FF boiler will not start. Nothing happens when activated. When I unscrewed the PCB, I tapped the string of electrical connectors and, at a certain point, the neon light glows and the boiler starts and works OK. After a short time (an hour or two) the unit stops working altogether and I have to do the same again. I am presuming it is fair to assume the problem is with the PCB. I have checked all of the electrical connections - at least all that I can see. My question is do I need a new PCB or can this one be fix? If so how? If anyone can shed light on this prob I would be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
Not worth trying to fix and a recon pcb is always a lottery.IMO.
Fit a new pcb. Get a professional repair and a service at the same time, ready for Winter.

It would be bold of anyone to suggest your PCB can be mended for certain.

The symptoms seem to indicate a PCB fault.
These PCBs have some form concerning bad joints.

If you feel competant power down, remove the PCB, and check visually for signs of poor or cracked joints, and in particular scorching of the underlying glass-fibre substrate. Re-solder bad joints....and if you don't feel confident doing that then it's best you leave it to a professional.

In any case, dont be tempted to remove the boiler cover (wing nut and hex nut) without a professional.

MM

Sponsored Links
Not sure if a pcb is needed. A RGI will save you money if it is what I think it is? Are 2 neons on and the third comes on, and the boiler lights, when you tap it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back