Gloworm 30 Compact wont fire up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
After two years of using this site l've finally got another problem with my 30e.
Everything working ok this morning but noticed when rinsing a few pots of after washing them this afternoon, that the hot water was coming out red hot straight away without having to wait for it heat up.
Went to turn CH on tonight and nothing happening. Checked control panel and trip light on and noticed pilot light not on.
Pressed in and reset the trip botton then created a demand for CH every thing seemed to want to start up properly but the boiler didn't light up and after10 seconds or so the trip light comes on again.
Is this just a case of relighting the pilot light ? And if so how do l do it ?
Or is this a more serious problem ??

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bob.

Sponsored Links
I dont think that your boiler has a permanent pilot light!

It lights the gas when there is a call for heat.

Whats the system pressure reading?

Tony

Hi Tony,
The pressure is reading just above 1bar ( about 1.2bar).
We've had a slight water drip on the plate to plate heat exchanger ( little oblong box at the back of the boiler ) which we noticed about 2 weeks ago but system has been working ok. Found out the water drip stops when the boiler is working. Could this have any thing to do with the problem ?
Cheers
Bob.

hi Tony,
I think you're right about the pilot light coming on only when demanded. Seems to be that when there is a demand for hot water everything sounds like its starting up as should do, but flame not igniting.
If the domestic hot water was coming out too hot as mentioned before, could there be a thermal cut switch etc thats stuck so won't let the boiler fire up ??

Thanks
Bob

Sponsored Links
Hi again.

I know Saunier Duvals are the black sheep of the family, but surely someone might know what my problem might be ? :(

I don't know about Sauniers being black sheep - more like that dodgy uncle who always wants to play hands on games.

Anyway, what you appear to have is either a stuck pump proving, or dhw diapragm.

What you have is a rebadged Gloworm 30 Compact. You might get better responses by calling it this - as everyone has been sh*ged by SD in their past.

Hi Beerlover,
Thanks for reply. How can l tell if its a stuck pump ? Can l free it of at all or is it a new pump ?
Wheres the dhw diaphram ? Is it in the switch that recognises when theres dhw demand ?
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back