Glowworm Betacom 30 c heating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Betacom 30 c under warranty, its been sounding a little rough and this morning the although the hot water is working fine we have no heating. I called Glowworm and they are sending someone out Monday. Just wanted to know if anyone knows what would cause it to stop heating the central heating but heat the water?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Wierdly yes, you can hear it, and it sounds a little less rough than it did but no heat, i went round and checked for air locks in the central heating system but everythings fine there.

does the burner light up or are you just hearing the pump and the fan running? if the burner lights up then how long does it stay on for, and does the ch flow pipe start to get hot if the burners on?

Sponsored Links
No way of me telling if the burner is on, it sounds like it ignites and the fan and pump sound like they are working, the boiler also indicates its heating up.

Engineer will be here at 2ish so will let you know what he says then, anyone want to have a stab at a diagnoses before the Glowworm engineer fixes it feel free.

how hot is it indicating before it switches off? there is light indication for temp. There is a filter in one of the iso valves which could be blocked.

It goes up to 80/90 so you could be right! Will let you know in a while.

Oh, if the filter is blocked this doesnt point to shody installation does it?

Oh, if the filter is blocked this doesnt point to shody installation does it?

quite possibly yes :(

tbh, I haven't seen many betacoms fitted well as it doesnt tend to be the choice of the better installers ....i think you can see what im getting at.

The Glowworm guy said it was teh actuator valve?

yeh its possible, did he say exactly what? Some of the earlier ones had a problem of leaking as they only had a sinlge o ring seal, now upgraded to a double o ring. Its not really a glowworm boiler, its a heatline with a glowworm badge. It is possible he doesn't carry the diverter body on the van as GS engineers don't see these boilers from one month to the next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back