Glowworm ultracom 30CXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heating guy's recommended the Glowworm Ultracom 30 CXi, as he says it's a great boiler and the same as the Vaillant ecotech plus. Just wondering what you guys thought? Is the ultracom any good and does it compare to the Vaillant?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
My heating guy's recommended the Glowworm Ultracom 30 CXi, as he says it's a great boiler and the same as the Vaillant ecotech plus. Just wondering what you guys thought? Is the ultracom any good and does it compare to the Vaillant?
Thanks in advance.

Neither

All CXi and HXi can have major faults especially with servicing as i found out this year, ask your guy about these issues and make sure he knows before he fits it, if he has no answers to these problems which have been documeneted on TV and at one point Glowworm actually did a recall on these boilers then maybe he should not fit it as i pressume he would also service your appliances (Not a smite on your man just the boiler).

I have never been a fan of Valliant boilers but thats a personal thing as they have what i would call to many plastic parts when metal would have done.

Go for a Baxi or Potterton which is in your price range.

Thats my advice for what its worth.

Sponsored Links
The ultracom is an excellent boiler imo and the best available for the price. It shares a few parts with vaillant but its not a vaillant, in actual fact its so far been more reliable. I used to work for Vaillant/Glowworm and there's a good reason why this is my boiler of choice ;)

Ultracom all day long.

Fitted loads and loads and loads and loads

Love them :p

Ted

Went to a 38cxi today I think its about 4 years old , that had problems , not the boilers fault though low gas pressure at the meter , the customer is very pleased with the boiler , & has had no probs . I would'nt choose to fit them , but I have no particular reason as to why I would not , unless the heat exc'is made of alloy ?? did'nt notice !!

Excellent, looks like the ultracom it is then. I think it has a stainless steel HE and the intaller said he can get a longer warranty with the Glowworm as well.
Many thanks guys.

sorry vanhulle its the vw golf car add

the valliant would be the golf and the glow worm would be the one that sounds just like a golf :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back