Glueing engineered wood to concrete floor

there shouldn’t be water pipe under there but you never know. It would be under the concrete anyway. unless you have heating pipes running in the floor. You’re more likely to find a gas pipe at that depth.

Sponsored Links
Resurrecting this thread, I’d be interested in how you got on with insulating and then glueing the floor down. I’m looking to do something very similar, replacing carpet with glue down parquet engineered planks but would first like to lay a thin layer of insulation to help battle the cold in my early 70s build. I appreciate the thin insulation won’t do much but I’d hope it’ll help.

Did you glue your flooring direct to the insulation or first lay ply/chipboard/OSB?

How’s it been holding up?
Did you glue your insulation / various layers down?

Thanks
Glen

Hi, well it's been close to two years now and it's gone really well I would say.
I used Sika wood floor glue and first glued insulation boards to concrete then applied the same glue on the insulation and put the floor down. It's all been stable, noise free(no creaking ) and I feel no cold coming from the concrete underneath :)
PXL_20220401_092317927.jpg

PXL_20220403_075635222.jpg

PXL_20220404_180227014.jpg

PXL_20220412_063105771.jpg

thanks John, that looks really good.

What kind of thickness celotex did you settle on in the end?

I'll likely be looking at 10 or 20mm max xps board

Sponsored Links
I went for 25mm, if you're going with xps then 20mm should be just fine. I used 20mm xps for my underfloor heating in other rooms and that was perfectly sufficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back