Glueing polystyrene panels behind radiators - PVA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to glue some foiled polystyrene insulation panels behind the radiators. The instructions recommend a "non solvent-based adhesive suitable for polystyrene". Would PVA do the trick? If so, I can avoid buying other glues. It looks like the wall is just painted, with no wallpaper (in some places, it was wallpapered first for some reason). I wont be able to clean the surface that well but I can fit a feather duster back there to clear the majority of the dust.

Sponsored Links
use wallpaper paste to the correct mixture as it says in the packet ;)

Sponsored Links
i doubt very much you will save more than perhaps 3 or 4 percent but still well worth having

years ago in my mid terraced house i decided to go for 1mm polystyrene veneer and foil on top on the internal walls under the wall paper behind the radiators
i thought nothing off it until in casual conversation i mentioned about the heat saving measures to my then mature friends next door
i was amazed when she said i wonder what had happened
because her husband was old school he never heated the house and she used to warm her hands on the heat coming through the shared wall from my radiator

any way pay back now i am now the old b u66er and in the height off winter my heating is only on for around 1 hour a day and never drops below 17 degrees because both nebours each side are young and like summer temperatures in winter lol :D :D

i doubt very much you will save more than perhaps 3 or 4 percent but still well worth having

years ago in my mid terraced house i decided to go for 1mm polystyrene veneer and foil on top on the internal walls under the wall paper behind the radiators
i thought nothing off it until in casual conversation i mentioned about the heat saving measures to my then mature friends next door
i was amazed when she said i wonder what had happened
because her husband was old school he never heated the house and she used to warm her hands on the heat coming through the shared wall from my radiator

any way pay back now i am now the old b u66er and in the height off winter my heating is only on for around 1 hour a day and never drops below 17 degrees because both nebours each side are young and like summer temperatures in winter lol :D :D

In that case it seems I was being prematurely sceptical!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back