How to glue/seal glass cover in downlight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just doing some decorating in the bathroom and noticed that in one of the downlighters (which have screw in covers) the glass in one of them has come loose. On removing the cover to inspect, the cover and glass are in tact, the glass has just come loose from the original seal/adhesive and therefore not maintaining the moisture seal.

Trying to avoid having to purchase a new fitting and I'm struggling to find a replacement screw in cover. I wondered if I can just apply a heat resistant sealent/glue to secure the glass back to the cover? I have LED bulbs in these but didn't know if just glueing back in would suffice being so close to the heat source (albeit LED)? If so can anyone recommend a suitable glue/adhesive?

20210216_110127.jpg 20210216_110248.jpg

Sponsored Links
Silicone rubber is good to 230 Centigrade, much higher than most pvc wiring can cope with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back