GMS Alarm for Workshop. Any Recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have three large lock up garages, side by side which have mains but no phone line. I would like to fit an alarm, probably with an external and internal siren(s) activated by 3 pirs or door sensors. I would wish to know if activated so SMS obviously but the cheaper ones are suspect. Don't mind having to remove card and send a text every two months. Wireless is obviously simple to install but could be unreliable and as I live 10 miles away do not want any false alarms! Wiring does not phase me and can have the cabeling in a seperate garage from the installation. There is plenty of scope to hide the components and make them generally inaccessible. Can anyone recommend a suitable system and supplier. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
" do not want any false alarms! "

I'm afraid you must lower your expectations. There has not been or will not be an alarm system that will not, and I hate the term, 'false alarm'.

Alarms activate for a multitude of reasons, invariably there is a perfectly valid reason, it's 'us' that calls it false.

Good luck.

If you fit a decent system, and use dual tech detectors, it should keep false alarms to a bare minimum.

I can't think of mine having false alarmed in an awful long time.

You can buy stand alone GSM SMS dialler, and connect it into one of the panel outputs.

My preferred alarm manufacturer is texecom. Other people will have their own favorites.

I have never had cause to fit a GSM SMS dialler, so can not personally recommend one.

I was going to post a reply earlier but it was seemingly not working. I have learned from the comments and have now read a lot of the forums here, but it's far from simple.

Texecom with a Menvier or CQR dialer seems a good way forward however someone posted a suggestion (which I cannot now find) which was to get a good CCTV system then add PIR's, a dialer and siren.

I followed that line and discovered such a system but cannot find it now.

As my livelyhood depends on these premesis and have a lot of valuable gear therein I should be looking for a good system and it would be comforting to access the premesis online via the CCTV for: 1. To use the card from time to time. 2. Piece of mind.

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Gold-Enforcer-Professional-CCTV-Kit.html

This looked pretty good but does not seem to be able to interface with an alarm. That said perhaps two seperate systems might be better than one?

Anyone got any more light to throw on this. Seems a good topic and want to make an informed decision here.

I am pretty certain, whether reliable or not, wireless is not for me. Too much hassle changing batteries all over the place.

On the issue of falsies Europlex, I think I see what you are saying and simply want to minimise any unnecessary alarm.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back