Going price for a cube of ready mix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some concrete for shed footings (C15) and don't fancy mixing it myself. Every company I've contacted says I'll have to pay for a cube to make it worth their while. Fair enough, but the prices are all over the place and a couple were over £200! I need 0.7m3 according to this concrete calculator northwestreadymix.co.uk/#calculator

What's the going rate for a cube of C15 and since I need less than a cube, would hiring a mixer be more economical? Any advice very welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Materials alone would be just short of £200, plus hiring mixer, and time mixing it.
You would still need to handle the readymix.

would hiring a mixer be more economical? Any advice very welcome.

Thanks

We'd mix our own unless it could be shot straight into the trench. It's not just economy but efficiency. If they are going to dump and run, then I'd say not in a million. You don't want to be shovelling readymix. Plus they need to wash out and you will leave a trail from the waggon to the site. However, we own our own mixers, so we are in a more advantageous position.

Tough one for such a small amount.

I paid £500 recently for 3 cubes(Manchester area) and the first always costs more. They barrowed it round the back, didn't spill a drop and even gave me a hand with the tamping.

Sponsored Links
I paid £500 recently for 3 cubes(Manchester area) and the first always costs more. They barrowed it round the back, didn't spill a drop and even gave me a hand with the tamping.
We have one of those large expensive plastic barrows now. You can 3/4 fill it and it still carries a fair whack. However, smaller barrows need filling, or the journey is a waste of time. Not all journeys with the barrow are straight or without bumps. And I have never seen one of those lorries not spill any. Impossible. The chute overruns and drips between barrows no matter what and they have to wash out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back