Going Self Employed

I'm with ELECSA myself found them very helpful when I visited the ELEX show last March. The sign up process was hassle free and I've found them really good to deal with. plus they are part of the ECA

Sponsored Links
Good bit of advice is make sure your current employer don't find out you're doing this. My employer found out and has made life rather awkward for me

I'l take a look at ELECSA website. And yes, I will be keeping this very quiet, dont want my employer to find out!!

And yes, I will be keeping this very quiet, dont want my employer to find out!!

You should be aware that a prominent member of this forum, shall we say, had to leave another major electricians' forum because he went to the trouble of identifying a poster who was moonlighting, contacted his employer, and had him sacked. Whatever you do, don't leave a trail here which would identify you!

Sponsored Links
And yes, I will be keeping this very quiet, dont want my employer to find out!!

You should be aware that a prominent member of this forum, shall we say, had to leave another major electricians' forum because he went to the trouble of identifying a poster who was moonlighting, contacted his employer, and had him sacked. Whatever you do, don't leave a trail here which would identify you!

How sad.

Yes that is sad. And I have a good idea who probabily would have done such a thing...

Good bit of advice is make sure your current employer don't find out you're doing this. My employer found out and has made life rather awkward for me
Depends, surely, if there's any conflict of interest?

If there genuinely is then your employer has every right to be upset.

Some do give permission to do so, for say old existing clients of your own.
For someone to track on a forum and make the effort to do that is a bit more than sad in my book.

Some can I`ve notice a couple I know on another site.
I know people on here too.
But I would never to do anything like that.

Maybe a jealous co-employee recognised him.

Given I've had people threaten me with physical violence just because they didn't like what I wrote let's hope nobody can ID me.... ;)

Just to save guesses and also possible tactical guesses, I should say that the case I refer to resulted from the victim having revealed too much about himself in a post. This was the reason for my warning.

(Having said that, the owners and often the administrators and moderators can find out quite a lot of information about forum users in some circumstances. Similarly I understand that forum software is a popular target for hackers, and can allow access to much information which users imagine is secret.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back