Going underground!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest the correct procedure to run hot and cold to an out-house for using a washing machine, sink etc??
It has to come out a back kitchen wall and under a patio and up through the wash house floor. I have used Denso tape before, but this offers little in insulation and the last thing I need is a bust pipe under a patio. Can it be run through some kind of conduite or have a proper sleeve to wrap around before taping with Denso?
Also covering it as it drops to the ground for winter cold spells.
Cheers
Plumb_boy

Sponsored Links
750mm down, mdpe on a pea shingle bed and recognition tape buried above it. If outhouse is not heated then drain in the winter.

But not for hot water :!: mdpe is not suitable for hot water. might be best to heat water independently (electric water heater) in outhouse (or whatever it is).

As chris said just run the cold across and use either a mini unvented cylinder or an instantaneous heater in outhouse. Have done this many times to converted garages etc

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, but it would work fine for the sink but not too good for the washing machine HW. How would I meet the hot requirements for the machine, or would a lecky water heater do as well for this?
Thanks

Washing machine has its heater so cold fill only will do . A lot of new machines are cold fill only , they only have one hose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back