Golf 2013 Mk 7 rear washer blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
89E0A6E0-5545-4679-99E5-174B955C9951.jpeg C047C6F8-3F72-4821-A81E-36771BAF3B49.jpeg 921E1AAD-E3FF-47F7-9233-3737AD5B17C0.jpeg Morning

See photos. Motor seems to work but no washer seems to be blocked. Can disconnect but can’t seem to remove end of pipe (right angle). This prevents use of air, wire to clear blockage. Have tried compressed air but limited value because of right angle. Have pulled hard but can’t seem to remove final section.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
These pipes do tend to 'shrink' onto the nozzle flutes and removal is difficult......sometimes slitting the pipe and rejoining can be the way to go.
However.....could the pipe be blocked at the pump end, or the pump itself? I wouldn't want you to cut the pipe just to find it wasn't blocked anyway!
On occasion, the pipes tend to part elsewhere, and the test is to run the pump then look for water underneath the car - though this is usually a winter issue when the pipes are frozen.
John :)

Thanks. Will have a look at the main pump and washer resovoir. Will also test and see if evidence of leak rather than blockage.

Warm it up a bit to soften the pipe then it should pull off.

Sponsored Links
Sure worth a try - dead easy to snap the nozzle end of though! These pipes are similar to the servo ones - some last for ever, some split for no apparent reason.

My washers packed up and the pump still ran. The inlet to the pump was blocked with blue jelly type substance. I assume the additive in the water had congealed

You can usually wash it out by sticking a garden hose down the neck and turning on. The water flow turbulence disturbs the jelly, and the vigorous flow washes it out of the top.

Thanks. Do you mean down the neck of the main washer resovoir under the bonnet?

That's what he means - it will help if the blockage is down there. Sometimes the water bottle neck has a few bends though :eek:

Thanks again.

Knowing my luck blockage will be half way down pipe, in roof somewhere

Well, hopefully not!
Usually you see a tiny amount of water at the nozzle, or even a bubble if its blocked.
You may have to access the water bottle and pump at the end of the day - under the wheel arch behind the arch liner more often than not :eek:

Ran hose and still no joy. V evident that some water has got through as a few drops appeared at nipple on rear window.

Also forgot to say that checked underneath to check that pipe wasn’t broken and spewing all over place.

Yep - time to shift that nozzle then!
When you eventually release it, operate the rear washer to flush out any crap in the pipe - there should be a good flow from the open end. If there isn't, its back to the pump I'm afraid!

Hi again John

Do you mean the “nozzle flute” as earlier post? I’ll try and shift via heat (hairdryer?)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back