Good english speaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I want to promote my website and want to create some leaflets to distribute in my area for start. As english is not my first language I would need your help to create a correct written leaflet.
My text sounds like this:

Do you need a job done in your property?
Either it’s plumbing, electrical, painting-decorating etc. access the website www.______________.co.uk (i'm not allowed to write the name here) post the job and receive quotes immediately from the registered tradesmen.
Are you a builder looking for a job? Register on the website and look for jobs suitable for your trade. It’s all free!

Small leaflet means less waste!

I will make the leaflets the size of a business card so at the end I want to promote small size leaflets in order to minimise pollution so I put that text "Small leaflets means less waste!"

The website is meant to be free.. I'm a builder and I'm sick of the websites that ask money for jobs.. so I decided to create this website.

PS. I don't need spell check .. I need a text that sounds good and correct.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
adbite, I think you may have missed the boat mate.

Try googling something like 'recommended tradesmen' and have a look at the results. I think you'll be launching into a sea of similar sites if you go ahead with your idea .

they all want money this is why I made it free.
One rubbish website even got money out of my account without my permision (ratedtradesmen ).. without giving me any service. 47 pounds. I gave them by bank details to start a trial.. 10 pounds and after a few weeks i found out that they took 47 pounds and they did not give me any service at all

Would apreciate if anyone could help me. Thanks
or ... do you find anything wrong with the text I prepared above?

Hi again adbite, well you certainly got your fingers burnt mate! Nightmare!

As for what you have written, I think its fine. Its to the point and asks the right question.

I'd make very little change to it...

Do you need a job done on your property?
Plumbing, Electrical, Painting-Decorating etc. Access our website at www.______________.co.uk post your job and receive FREE quotes from registered tradesmen.

As for the second part, that bothers me.
Are you a builder looking for a job? Register on the website and look for jobs suitable for your trade. It’s all free!
If I were a home owner and saw this I'd be thinking 'why do they need to advertise for builders if they have 'registered' builders already'? It would make me think I could get one of the 'new' builders and find that I am the one being used to review the new builder. He may be great but he may be carp! So I think the second part that is appealing for builders may need to be a separate advert all together. But some of the other lads may disagree.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
you have a good point here.. and thank for the correction.. it does sound better.. need to take an english course :D

I think I'll stick to your version.. this will keep me busy spreading leaflets for a few days as my employer didn't accepted me back after I was in holiday in my country for 2 months and said i will be gone for 2 weeks :D
if you have any other suggestions please feel free to write here

you have a good point here.. and thank for the correction.. it does sound better.. need to take an english course :D

I think I'll stick to your version.. this will keep me busy spreading leaflets for a few days as my employer didn't accepted me back after I was in holiday in my country for 2 months and said i will be gone for 2 weeks :D
if you have any other suggestions please feel free to write here
One suggestion would be to return to your employment when you say you are going to. Its hard enough running a business without having to run around after staff!

I know .. I had some personal problems that couldn't wait..

i think I'll just go back home and see if I can get a job there.. before I found that they won't give me any jobs I paid for a kitchen fitting course and now I have to wait to finish the course otherwise i lose the money I paid.
I am a painter decorator at the moment and thought is good to learn new skills to have more chances to find jobs. I don't like to be employed I prefer price jobs.. I like to have my break when I want to .. I can stay later if I want or leave earlier, i hate if someone checks me if I work or not..

it's not that I'm lazy but if I feel I need a break I'll have it, I don't mind to work sometimes till nine in the evening if I'm allowed.. I like to do the job properly.. i just don;t like to be checked.. I don;t mind to be checked if I did the job well.. but only when I finish it..
breezer what do you mean with the quotes?

Some advice - charge top whack for each job, because its unlikely you will be getting any recommendations if you take a break when you feel like it and come back to a job six weeks after you said you would :rolleyes:

don;t get me wrong.. my break is still more or less one hour a day but I just don;t like the pressure of having someone behind my back and checking me out.. many times I have less break than normal. I charge much less than others and I'm not proud of it.. it's because my previous employers are from pakistan and they always negotiated me to the minimum

You really need to get out of the mind set you are in. Everyone is checked. Whether it be by the boss or the customer, often both. You will be checked wherever you work and whatever you do (unless you're a Banker of course then no one checks you until its too late!).

As for your previous employer I understand you say you had some personal problems but couldn't you have rang him or got someone else to ring him to tell him there was a problem? Its just common courtesy and it may have saved your job. Too late now though.

the only thing i liked about working for them.. we agreed on a price, a deadline and the rest they didn't care.. after i finished they came and checked.. they could never say enything because they were always amazed cause i did the job very well..
working for others was like.. what are you doing now?,.. what have you done today?.. and it came from some loosers on the site that probably worked a long time in the company and got to be supervisors or something.

Sponsored Links
Back