Good news on Personal Data Privacy

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
You'll have noticed that the internet giants like Google, Facebook and Ebay like to know everything about you, even tracking your friends and contacts, credit card numbers, location and the Utube videos you watch, and using your data for purposes which they don't disclose, including selling it to advertisers.

In May 2018 a new law will come into effect giving you much more rights. The UK government has committed to implementing it despite Brexit (it is an agreed EU regulation).

One article says:

"Valid consent has to be explicitly obtained for any data collected and for the uses to which it will be put. Consent for children’s data must be given by parents or guardians and data controllers must be able to prove that consent has been obtained.

Citizens will now have the right to request the deletion of personal information related to them...."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...privacy-eu-general-data-protection-regulation

As these valuable rights have been obtained through multi-country co-operation in the EU, some newspapers are reluctant to mention it.

Sponsored Links
This is interesting because the DVLA have been selling personal details of motorists purely for profit and there was recently a documentary made by a whistle blower called ''THE DVLAS DIRTY LITTLE SECRET'' which is basically about how the whole scam is run, and that the DVLA are in massive breach of the DPA when they sell details to private parking firms. Intrestingly you can't find that documentary anywhere online, the government clearly wanted it shut down as fast as possible. The guy who made it was quickly hushed up as well. I'm not really one for conspiracies but in this case it was a blatant cover up.

This is interesting because the DVLA have been selling personal details of motorists purely for profit and there was recently a documentary made by a whistle blower called ''THE DVLAS DIRTY LITTLE SECRET'' which is basically about how the whole scam is run, and that the DVLA are in massive breach of the DPA when they sell details to private parking firms. Intrestingly you can't find that documentary anywhere online, the government clearly wanted it shut down as fast as possible. The guy who made it was quickly hushed up as well. I'm not really one for conspiracies but in this case it was a blatant cover up.

The DVLA does not make a profit. The income is used to reduce the cost of licencing, hence the reduction in the cost last year for driving licence applications/renewals.

Sponsored Links
Keep taking the pills boyo.(y)

Anyone know of any other public funded organisation which has reduced the unit cost of services to the customer?

HawkEye244, good evening.

What at one time was called a "D" notice. It is probably [or has been] subsumed into the DPA Legislation [Data protection Act??] A truly wonderful bit of kit to completely hide behind as far as Joe Public is concerned???

If one [ A "D" notice" or its new re-vamped name ] was issued By the "Authorities" [name your Department MoD or Police or Home Office -- including Prisons and Detention centers, Et-All, even DHSS, DWP. and here DVLA??? They are all at it???]

The "D" notice effectively halts stone dead any further, and it appears past posts or even news about an "Event" right down to local Authorities and their "Cosy Agreements" with parking firms [never mind the "Kick Backs"--- £££---] to the Local Authority that appoints these firms.

Such is life in an open government, I suppose if it were other regimes it would be a 50 Pence bullet in the back of the head? I wonder what regimes would institute that???

Ken

D notices are nothing whatsoever to do with DPA.

HawkEye244, good evening.

What at one time was called a "D" notice. It is probably [or has been] subsumed into the DPA Legislation [Data protection Act??] A truly wonderful bit of kit to completely hide behind as far as Joe Public is concerned???

If one [ A "D" notice" or its new re-vamped name ] was issued By the "Authorities" [name your Department MoD or Police or Home Office -- including Prisons and Detention centers, Et-All, even DHSS, DWP. and here DVLA??? They are all at it???]

The "D" notice effectively halts stone dead any further, and it appears past posts or even news about an "Event" right down to local Authorities and their "Cosy Agreements" with parking firms [never mind the "Kick Backs"--- £££---] to the Local Authority that appoints these firms.

Such is life in an open government, I suppose if it were other regimes it would be a 50 Pence bullet in the back of the head? I wonder what regimes would institute that???

Ken

Spot on

The DVLA does not make a profit. The income is used to reduce the cost of licencing, hence the reduction in the cost last year for driving licence applications/renewals.

Look into it bud. You've been lied to.

Flea drops.

You are 100% wrong.

There's a lot you don't know about this subject John. I've been looking into it for a while now and I can tell you the DVLA does make a huge sum of money from selling personal information and that it is 100% unlawful.

Sponsored Links
Back