Good news on Personal Data Privacy

The DVLA does not make a profit. The income is used to reduce the cost of licencing, hence the reduction in the cost last year for driving licence applications/renewals.

Tottaly immaterial, they still shouldn't be doing it.

Sponsored Links
shouldn't be doing it.

That's an interesting point.

If somebody parks in your private car park; you see them and take their number, but they won't speak to you, should you be able to find out their name and address?

If somebody parks in your private car park; you see them and take their number, but they won't speak to you, should you be able to find out their name and address?

You really come up with some hypothetical crap to try and justify your ideas John. As most of these companies that are buying drivers names, often end up being investigated for extorting money out of people that make a genuine (most times at least) mistake, I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

most of these companies that are buying drivers names, often end up being investigated for extorting money

Do they? I haven't seen the figures. Where did you find them?

Sponsored Links
Well that's your problem John, you waste so much time posting left wing rants, that you miss what's going on in the real world. So from now on, more reading, and less proselytizing.

Well that's your problem John, you waste so much time posting left wing rants, that you miss what's going on in the real world. So from now on, more reading, and less proselytizing.
Can I have a look at those figures of yours too please Doggit?

The big boys Hash, difference and federate to get round GDPR, I was at a legal conference on the subject a few months ago and a whole new industry of companies selling data federation services has popped up on the back of GDPR. There are 3 primary ways companies can carry on doing what they do without a problem.

hashing - much like they did on PCI (payment cards), they will hash the data (normally multiplying by a modulus) and store the hash, which they can then attribute back to you
difference - they will store a baseline and compare you to the baseline and store the difference.

with hashing and difference methods they store data which cannot be attributed to you, but is easily restorable.

With federation they break up your data and store it in different jurisdictions to avoid a country's specific legislation.

.... As most of these companies that are buying drivers names, ......

Do they? I haven't seen the figures. Where did you find them?

Can I have a look at those figures of yours too please Doggit?

What figures are you looking for? I might be able to help
It looks like doggit has taken over where **** end has left off: making up stories!
At least **** end was able to weave a little bit of truth or credibility into his lies. Obviously doggit is not so accomplished a liar as **** end. :rolleyes:
**** end is reduced to trying to sell non-compliant washing machines and shower mats, or investigating women's rights in Saudi Arabia (although he does not have a passport, and has probably been no further than the local, just down the road from his flat!)

DVLA a dire mob to deal with , not fit for purpose imo.

Corgi were another mob who sold & made a lot of money out of flogging what many thought was confidential info ??

most of these companies that are buying drivers names, often end up being investigated for extorting money out of people

More made-up nonsense. Having made his allegation, Dog runs away when asked to show the truth.

Why is that?

complaints.

Dire complaints procedure

Lack of common sense in the work force pencil pushers.

loss of records

wrong info sent out

bunch of **** eads (wonder does way ar bee work for em :idea:)

Sponsored Links
Back