Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you

Sponsored Links
Not really that surprising is it?, someone wrote if the software is free then YOU are the product..

Might have been somene on here actually?.

And you don't use Goggle? Or youtube? Or Android?

What location history have they tracked on your phone?

Sponsored Links
As with anything in the modern world, always tell yourself - "If you're not the paying customer, you are the product being sold"

Nozzle

Not really that surprising is it?, someone wrote if the software is free then YOU are the product..

As with anything in the modern world, always tell yourself - "If you're not the paying customer, you are the product being sold"
Perhaps it would be more accurate or descriptive to say "you are the raw material being mined", or "your data is the raw material being collected".
The product is that data which is sold after processing, i.e. collated.

You've been able to download everything they know about you for ages, I don't see the problem. I've downloaded it for myself, some of it is maybe a little surprising but there was nothing I was duly concerned about,

Last edited:
Its the age of big brother.

The average Brit is caught on CCTV 70 times a day

possibly even Russian assassins....

And you have to sign in to find any of that out. If you haven't got a Google account then you have to make one. Yeah right like anyone should be doing that?

The Big Brother dystopian future re Brazil and the like is destined only to ever be fictional, the reality is you would need half the population watching cctv etc for that world to ever exist. If you want to use technology you have to accept it comes at the cost of some of your liberties. Frankly I have more important stuff to be concerned about than google of Facebook having some info on me.

Who cares, makes my life easier it suggests stuff to buy and places to go based on my interests and data about me which is great saves me having to think what I want.

Facebook make $4-40 per user.

Data as a service is a huge growth business. It’s not just google or facebook- everyone is selling data about you.

They get away with it because it’s not personally identifiable as they use an ID hash, but these things are easily remapped.

If you have a fitbit or smart wifi scale you are also being sold for research such as obesity by post code. This affects all kinds of insurance etc.

I would imagine we are being watched as we type.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont get adverts off any sorts on any forums or sites i visit
i use duck duck go as a search engine
i dont use google at all other than google earth and used to use chrome cast but not for years
always opt out off "special offers tick here"
never give an age/gender/or any details unless i have to and think its worth the risk :D
compulsory details will be
mobile 00000000000
name big all
address 1 house
the street
i will vary the big all to several variant so iff i do get an email i can decide the source it was connected to and close it down:D
my phone rings and i will say "heeelllooo who is this"
i will never answer a scripted question i will just keep asking "who is this please"
if its not someone i know i will just say "please remove you from your database--thank you goodbye" then hang up

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back