Good news on Personal Data Privacy

Sponsored Links
Obviously you can't look at something that doesn't exist.

Exceeded our efficiency target of 14%, achieving an 18% reduction, equating to around £45 million cost savings. Revenues paid over to HM Treasury increased by 23%, contributing £201.6m to the Exchequer. Our net income for the year represents 20% of total income, a significant improvement on the 10% reported last year.

So you consider an efficiency target of 14% good then Noesall. I suspect we're looking at different figures.

You've misquoted - It reads "Deliver the efficiency saving of 14% - Achieved 18.2%"

Sponsored Links
I didn't misquote, I copied it directly from the website, and that said "exceed ouf efficiency target of 14%", and that's a pretty low efficiency target. Of course, when you read the report further, it says that they wanted to deliver efficiency savings of 14%, but actually managed 18%, but whoever wrote the main statement was an idiot, and missed out the important word "savings", and no one spotted the error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exceeded our efficiency target of 14%, achieving an 18% reduction, ....
So you consider an efficiency target of 14% good then Noesall. .....

You've misquoted - It reads "Deliver the efficiency saving of 14% - Achieved 18.2%"

I didn't misquote, I copied it directly from the website, and that said "exceed out efficiency target of 14%", and that's a pretty low efficiency target. Of course, when you read the report further, it says that they wanted to deliver efficiency savings of 14%, but actually managed 18%, but whoever wrote the main statement was an idiot, and missed out the important word "savings", and no one spotted the error.
Perhaps whoever wrote the statement assumed that the readers would have an understanding of what the efficiency savings entailed, or if they did not, assumed they would read further to enlighten themselves:
Efficiency
The Spending Review 2015 committed us to make a 14% resource budget reduction by 31 March 2017 in comparison to the 2015-16 baseline (34% total reduction by 31 March 2020). We have exceeded the target by achieving a 18% reduction.
So the 14% efficiency target was a good target. It was achievable, in fact, it was a SMART target.
To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
  • Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
  • Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
  • Achievable (agreed, attainable).
  • Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
  • Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
A very SMART target!

As most of these companies that are buying drivers names, often end up being investigated

Do they? I haven't seen the figures. Where did you find them?

Can I have a look at those figures of yours too please Doggit?

What figures are you looking for? I might be able to help

More made-up nonsense. Having made his allegation, Dog runs away when asked to show the truth.

No you can't Noseall, you're as bad as John is some days.

Obviously you can't look at something that doesn't exist.
They do exist, but only in Doggit's fantasy.

Mind u the privacy laws in the UK may need sorting.

but TF we do not live in places like Saudi Arabia or some other such place ;)

Of course, the best way for a company to achieve and even exceed it's targets (and so make itself look good) is to set a target that they know is easily achievable. But I have to say that apart from the way they break the data protection rules by handing out our data to anyone that asks for it, I reckon they work pretty well, and I always give them good feeedback on their survey when I renew my tax.

Of course, the best way for a company to achieve and even exceed it's targets (and so make itself look good) is to set a target that they know is easily achievable.
Doggit still does not understand where the targets emanated from. :rolleyes:

Afaik there have been instances in these forums were some have attempted to get hold of private/personal data ? ;)

for what ever reason ;)

Seems to be a bit of a grey area not just with the DVLA but all government departments. What involvement should a weapons manufacturer like Lockheed Martin have in the UK census? http://www.lockheedmartin.com/uk/news/press-releases/2008-press-releases/census2011.html ultimately a private company purchasing huge amounts of public data without the complict consent of the public. Similarly, local authorities across the country use private debt collection agencies to chase debts, this is a major breach of the DPA as well.

Sponsored Links
Back