Good priced pipe slice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what recommendations have people on pipe slices , I have a few but the wheels keep going back and not springing forward. I had a good 28 aluminium one with yellow on the side but lost that.

Sponsored Links
KOPEX are good rothenburger have a quality issue for past couple of years where some of them last half a dozen cuts.
Dont touch the PTS own make ones they only last a copuple of cuts to

Monument as always, they make quality Plumbers' tools. Kopex are also good, in fact the Monument ones may well be Kopex?
HTH

Sponsored Links
I fully agree kopex are the best with rottenbugger when you get to 28mm the case is plastic which let's it down IMHO

You do need to keep them lubricated often.

Particularly after they get wet.

I find the cheap Forge brand from Screwfix very good and often easier to use than the market leaders. About £15 for two!

Tony

My Rothenberger mini and medium sized pipe cutters are about 20 years old and still going strong - and still have the original cutting wheels fitted.

Mind you, being - allegedly - a counter boy and having only used them on half a dozen occasions that's not surprising. ;)

My Rothenberger mini and medium sized pipe cutters are about 20 years old and still going strong - and still have the original cutting wheels fitted.

Mind you, being - allegedly - a counter boy and having only used them on half a dozen occasions that's not surprising. ;)

I wish I had a quid for every one I lost Charn..
I recall when I was serving my time the old boys always said; two things you must carry in your pocket at all times are a pencil & a pocket knife. I bet these wonderfull auld yins would add a pipe slice if they were around today....;)

I thought in your day they carried the pencil behind their ear!

I understand that the M74 has now been completed so you can drive from England to Argyll easily?

kopex or rothenberger
ill be honest i find monument rubbish always slips

I remember driving to Scotland with this lady and when I explained what they did in Gretna she wanted to check out the prices at their marriage parlours!

A couple of years later she wanted to ask the same question when I went to Las Vegas with her!

She got married to someone in LA but he was killed in a car accident a few years later!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back