Good run around for £300-400 ?

Sponsored Links
Good choice - if there are any left!
Lots of perfectly acceptable motors have gone due to the 'trade in for scrappage' scheme.
John :)

For reliability and long life, the Japanese brands are best (including those made in the UK). Streets ahead of the French brands. I recently sold a 1997 Toyota Carina, one family from new, 180k miles, It went through the MoT with a new ball joint on the suspension. DP has a Corolla, equally reliable. The Peugeot 206 is nowhere near as good.

As they were never hot haches they are likely to have been trudled around in by an older person or family, not hacked about. Made of Zintec so as long as paintwork is touched up, they don''t rust. Spares are plentiful and cheap.

Ok, my mum has seen a car for sale local private.

It's a W reg Corsa with 73K in good condition. The lady wants £650 ono.

We hope to get her down to around £550 ?

Sponsored Links
12 months MOT and if you have a friend that fixes, ask them to have a look.

Watch for wet carpets

Sorry, I forgot to say 12 months MOT and taxed till April. Won't be able get anyone look at it today so will have to make a decision there and then.

Had a look at it and inside was not in good condition. Very strong perfume smell of oils which i still have on my hand now despite washing a lot. Think perhaps hoding a smell of damp. There was some condensation inside the car on the windows. Drove very badly and gears were hard to find. Left it.

look for a Jap brand. Unbeatable build and reliability.

A local dealer has a ford Ka 2003 for £800 with a years mot. Would it be worth knocking him down ?

A local dealer has a ford Ka 2003 for £800 with a years mot. Would it be worth knocking him down ?

They always look pretty cr@p to me and one of the last cars to often be blighted by rust. Have a look here for a pretty searing review. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back