Speaker modifications.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be moddifing my car over the next few weeks / months. I thought i'd document it and show it on here.

I dislike modifing proformance and I like styling & speekers systems, I'm a student so i'm just foucsing on one thing at a time, I'm going to be putting in a huge double sub box + Amps and re making a parcel shelf, If i remeber to take photographs I will.

I've been trying. failing to find other fourms that are around this. Hence why i'm doing it.

So the best what that i've found to do this, is find the company you wish to run with, For example i'm just dealing with sound here so I'm running with "Vibe"

So Currently installed very badly and extreemly shabby. Are Two subs in a box unknowen make Sfx i think running on a 300 watt vibe amp and also two Vibe QB69 the older make that the new black death range, Which have the same power output and wattage. So pretty rediclious paying £150 for something I paid £60 for. (Caraudiosecurity)

Also two pretty standard 6" vibe black air £100, I shouldn't have bought them at that price, I could have paid £60 (Caraudiosecurity) again. (Not on an amp)

To be placed into the car Two 15" Vibe black air Twin evo-V2's (Caraudiosecurity) I paid £240 for them. A good price i've seen them for around £400.

Space box bass amp (Bought from a friend) (£350) A good deal £400 retail.

(Please excuse bad spelling i'm dyslexic such a pain)

Sponsored Links
Not only Dyslexic, but I also imagine profoundly deaf too. (or soon will be) :p

Wotan

Are your main interests poor fuel economy, making your vehicle attractive to theives and money wasting? Seriously, we were all young and did stupid things to our cars but what do you get out of it? Save your money for fuel which is only going to get more expensive.

Sponsored Links
I've been through all that about 18 years ago, in retrospect it was a complete waste of time, money and effort but I enjoyed it and wouldn't change it, frankly though you picked the wrong Forum here Josephcowley, nothing but boring old farts frequent here, I'm pretty much one myself now! :p

Oh that's unfortunate. Stop being old farts.

And to whoever is being so uptight (Jhon1) If this dosn't intrest you then why post? / Waste my time / your own time. Yes i understand where your comming from but i'm having fun and enjoying it whist my 18 years of age last!

Go for it mate and have fun... ;)
Apparently one of the best outlets for used car rear parcel shelves is Ikea :p
John :)

Cheers for that infomation, It'll come in handy, I need to make one. So black felt and adehazive + High time!

Oh that's unfortunate. Stop being old farts.

And to whoever is being so uptight (Jhon1) If this dosn't intrest you then why post? / Waste my time / your own time. Yes i understand where your comming from but i'm having fun and enjoying it whist my 18 years of age last!
I quite agree, as long as what you are doing does not harm others, then you have the right to be an individual, and express yourself how you wish.

Wotan (an old fart)

Yeah, I've no intention of hurting people....

Deafening people. or whatever.

I just like bass i guess :)

Been there done it all
Ran massive subs and amps and rears.

What you need for quality and loud generally
Good quality head unit with rca for front rear and sub
Keep the sub in the boot.
Do not bother amping up the rear or run them on the lowest amp you have ( just used for rear fill)
Front Dynamat the doors and fit the biggest and best quality speaker you can in the door with tweeters high up eg dash level

I always do this now just missing the sub due to the spog's

Edit what music do you listen to as 15" sub generally dont flex fast enough for the happy hardcore dance stuff.

Dubstep and deep bassy songs, Not keen happy hardcore.

Yeh I've got to sound dead the car. Major effort, Taking the door speekers out one day to do them.

I'm going to be running the biggest amp in the boot currently, Running the subs as thats the biggest thing to run currently.

Its all comming together! :)

There's no decent music about to play these days..? An '80's retro vehicle, isn't cool with the chicks, me thinks?

Sponsored Links
Back