I need a new Van

these stupid over-sized pick-ups just make the drivers look like prize one planks with very small willies

I can't stand them.. The Aussies love a UTe.

Some of the Holdens are cracking vehicles but absolutely rubbish work vehicles.

Sponsored Links
This is where I want the opinion from my forum family.

If I buy Diesel;
Will it be worth anything in 5 years.

How many mile do you do? and spend much time in cities?

unless they change the taxation I think they will remain popular, Lorries will be running on derv for a very long time so diesel will be available as a fuel. Modern diesels are difficult and very expensive to maintain but older (pre 2010) diesels are pretty bomb proof.

How many mile do you do? and spend much time in cities?

unless they change the taxation I think they will remain popular, Lorries will be running on derv for a very long time so diesel will be available as a fuel. Modern diesels are difficult and very expensive to maintain but older (pre 2010) diesels are pretty bomb proof.
I'm not doing city's towns around my town and that's it... would use gor holidays and generally family use

Sponsored Links
New van

LDV cheap as chips ;)

agreed they are made ? Or owned by Saic a Chinese company

but the all important factor is they are not French :mrgreen:

The ford transit custom van I drive is diesel, with adblue, it’s a company vehicle which has some random faults on it, it’s also through a leasing company - not sure if that’s any good to you?

If I was in the market for a van now, I would buy an old Freight Rover or Pilot or Convoy with a Perkins Diesel engine.

IME they are bomb-proof and very simple, less to go wrong. They even run on veg oil without moaning.

Run that for a few years then see how the leccy market develops.

If I was in the market for a van now, I would buy an old Freight Rover or Pilot or Convoy with a Perkins Diesel engine.

IME they are bomb-proof and very simple, less to go wrong. They even run on veg oil without moaning.

Run that for a few years then see how the leccy market develops.
Trouble is, they would be very expensive to run inside the North and South circular roads ULEZ zones come October and no doubt a fair few other inner city locations.

these stupid over-sized pick-ups just make the drivers look like prize one planks with very small willies

You mean the ones with 'WARRIOR' down the side? Exactly! :rolleyes:

I call them Chelmsford Tractors. Bit like 4X4s being Chelsea Tractors, but the pickups have a bit more of a downmarket image of a plasterer who tries to impress, but can't cut the mustard.

No offence to any plasterers, Chelmsford residents, or 'WARRIOR' owners. OK, just a little bit of offence to the latter. :)

Sponsored Links
Back