new van

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt doubt for one momement that you would

wake the **** up

Sponsored Links
buy british coz its crap.if the british made a similar product that was a similar price and did the same i might by it.but as my car/cooker/washing machine/t.v./microwave/setee/bath/computer/kettle/phone are not made in the u.k. i'm not given a choice as the british don't do a similar product.i bought a dyson that was overpriced compared to the ones made overseas,the fact that it was useless did'nt help,cheap and nasty plastic that broke,very low wattage motor(500 watt),its no good having "no loss of suction" if theres not enough power in the first place.paid over £400 for that,have now bought a bagless hoover with a 1700 watt motor that cost only £120.00.enough said.

I'm still on my first car, a Vauxhall, so I'm at 100% patriotism rate so far. Unless it was built abroad, of course!

I've heard that due to climate change the champagne grapes won't grow so well in France in a few years, so they've already started transplanting some of them to the south of England... perhaps in 20 years your bottle of Champagne will actually be from Dorset! Except they wouldn't be allowed to call it Champagne. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
buy british coz its rubbish.if the british made a similar product that was a similar price and did the same i might by it.but as my car/cooker/washing machine/t.v./microwave/setee/bath/computer/kettle/phone are not made in the u.k. i'm not given a choice as the british don't do a similar product.i bought a dyson that was overpriced compared to the ones made overseas,the fact that it was useless did'nt help,cheap and nasty plastic that broke,very low wattage motor(500 watt),its no good having "no loss of suction" if theres not enough power in the first place.paid over £400 for that,have now bought a bagless hoover with a 1700 watt motor that cost only £120.00.enough said.
1. no dyson i have ever seen has a 500w motor. afaik they all have 1200-1400w motors.
2. I have great respect for Mr Dyson, he sees the flaws in everyday objects and makes them better, though his washing machines didn't get much of a reception in the UK, since he was asking £1000+ for them.
3. A lot of the price you pay for a Dyson product is research and development costs, which i think you will appreciate are a lot for a product like dyson vacuum cleaners.

When pharmaceutical companies use the argument of "it cost us 14 gazillion pounds to research and develop this drug" to justify the immense cost of medicine, people claim it's not fair and insist that the generics riding on the back of the research should be used instead.

Personally, I'll be buying a Panasonic vacuum cleaner... I was looking at the Dysons and noticed the suction power of them is less than pretty much every other cleaner. Not the motor power, the suction power. So I'm going to be saving £150 and buying a Panasonic. I really don't think I clean fast enough to warrant "The Ball", as I doubt banking into the corners will be high on my list of priorities when cleaning my carpets.

post locked to prevent hi jacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back