new van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my company has over 100 Transit Connects, We have over the years tried all makes of vans. The Transit Connects rates very high so far, far better than most.

P.S I thought turkey's came out of Transits :D not Transits out of Turkey :D

Sponsored Links
then your company isnt really doing a lot to support the uk workforce is it anything that is made in a FOREIGN country should be taxed to death we are all guilty of it to some extent

i am trying to buy uk made goods we have the vivaro what else is there ? this cant be all we have if it is we are doomed

Slogger said:
then your company isnt really doing a lot to support the uk workforce is it anything that is made in a FOREIGN country should be taxed to death we are all guilty of it to some extent

i am trying to buy uk made goods we have the vivaro what else is there ? this cant be all we have if it is we are doomed

Agree up to a point, It's down to choice, price ect. Look at TV, Stereo's, most made in Japan not much British :(

Slogger said:

Slogger: as far as I'm concerned you should change your name to slagger because all you are doing here is slagging people off for their choice of van.

i am trying to buy uk made goods we have the vivaro what else is there ?

If you want to buy british, you are, like every other van buyer, severely limited. Why do you think people don't buy british??

this cant be all we have if it is we are doomed

I have suggested the Vivaro (it even features in your wanted list - what more could you ask for?). I have suggested the LDV Maxus. There must be a few more to add to this list (why don't you ask the manufacturers instead of moaning...??), but as I said if you want a truly british product, you only have a handful to choose from.

You are quickly discovering just why individuals and companies source their vehicles from manufacturers outside the UK.

It's time to put up or shut up! Either way, you have to compromise: Choose a british product that is not entirely suited to your needs and be safe in the knowledge you have stuck to your morals, or buy a product more suitable, and live with the fact that it comes from a foreign manufacturer.

The choice is yours!

Sponsored Links
Just a quicky, my Grandma bought a plug-in hotplate grill a few months ago, to do burgers on etc, she sez to me, thats brand new is that, from the carboot this morning! Upon inspection, i find a faded "made in britain" logo on it (70's?) - i sez to her, do you know when the last time these stickers were used? we'd be called racist if we used these now! and it had dull orange, metal casing - definitely more than 10 years old! Then i plugged it in and it starts smoking from the previous owner's fatty deposits :rolleyes:

slogger, look around your house, where was your TV made? Computer components, anything electronic, will probably have been made in the far east. Your goal is impossible.

Nothing illegal about 'Made in Britain' stickers (and certainly nothing Racist) - the last company I worked for used to add them to all our exports. Only reason you don't see them is because we don't make jack these days.

then isnt it time to WAKE UP dont make excuses make choices i wont be driveing a foreign made van out of principle

anyone that does is betraying our country that is the truth there are viable alternatives to all motors

as for electronics that is where we are lacking in choice

support the UK or else we are going to go down lower than today

vivaro or transit 260 for me then anyone with a merc/ connect / nissan / froggy motor etc ask why you bought it SHAME ON YOU

How fussy are you? Most van mfrs have some link with a foreign company.

That will rule nearly all of them out.

The Vivaro was developed by Renault, Ford is a US company, so it looks like we're back to LDV. Oh no, that stands for Leyland DAF Vans.

Looks like you're sh*gged my mate.

Better take Shank's Pony, but don't eat any foreign food. That'll never do. Fuel your body with good ol' British food.....

Okay, I can see slogger point of view so can anyone tell me what british car is made 100% in the UK?

Well, you could get a Caterham or some other low-volume car.

K-series engine? Nope, that was developed by Honda. Zetec? Probably in Germany. Never mind, stick with a good old British V8, the Rover 3.5l... except that was designed by Buick. :eek: If you can't buy a British car, blame the union reps of the 1970s who would call a walk out for every stupid little thing. The motor industry was booming until the unionised walk-out mentality set in.

Slogger, is your bike a Triumph by any chance? :D

It is not possible to buy everything from one nation now. Electronics will be made in Malaysia, Taiwan etc. Many computer hardware manufacturers have a ".com.tw" web address for instance.

The nearest you could do would be "buy EU". But I doubt someone intent on buying British would be happy to buy French, Italian, German etc. I would LOVE to buy British, but unfortunately it isn't possible, and won't be possible without a significant drop in cost of living. British car-builders aren't going to be happy with 4p and a bowl of rice for a day's work now, are they? But that's what you can pay people in other parts of the world to do the work. The best hope they have is fully-automated production lines.

Personally, I think it is a credit to Rover that they managed to keep it going so long despite being bent over a barrel by BMW from day one.

i dont think you can truely say anything is made in britain anymore if you take it down to basics. the raw materials eg sheet steel will have probably been imported, as will most of the technology, and a lot of the components. i think the only way you will get a van made in the uk is if you knock it up yourself from some 4 x 2 and some pram wheels (but then the 4 x 2 will be red stamped as product of sweden!) :cry:

Slogger..noble ideal, however it is impossible in most cases..a;though if you buy insurance, a pension or another service industry product that will be British..however getting tools into the envelope the insurance policy arrived in may be difficult...

all of you that are against me on this must have foreign motors

transit is uk made so is vivaro at least assembled here we have to start making noises about what we will accept

yes my bike is uk made turbod to boot by a uk company too :LOL:

STOP BEING WEB BULLIES AN LEAVE SLOGGER ALONE ..load of ankers ....lol

the subject was vans you bunch of tosspots who mention FORD Transits ...

Now built in a SH"TE CHEAP MICKEY MOUSE TURKEY ARSEHOLE C&NTRY >were they use prison labour an swipe off hands for mistakes on the 25p an hour labour kurds ..
when the papapers reported this too Ford they made out they were helping feed the starving dead ..

yeah when the ford overseers would go up
upto the Turk Iraq border an "Capture, beat up an tie down down young shepherds,young kids 11 /12 for Ford factory work .. "

then they were given overals an told they were enforced to work for Kurdish Govt to breing money an set the THE KURDS FREE !

two weeks in they knew they were slave labour ...

I reported alot from the sunday broad sheets ..
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That is why I still a LDV man old sherpa ,that old sherpa was a BOSS engine an

LDV sold out getting Tranny engines truely awful , as long as you can fire them from start .. trans where a LDV WAS a 1st time start every day ..
FORD /VAN, transits ..urrrgh

Slogger said:
all of you that are against me on this must have foreign motors

That is true in my case, but I have done my bit by bank-rolling Austin/Rover /ARG /Rover many many times and loved them all.

I even bought an Ital FFS! And my family between them over the years have had:

Mum: Triumph Herald Estate 1971, Metro x 2

Dad: Moggy Minor Soft Top, Austin 11/1300 x 4, Maxi, Metro x 5

Sister: Metro

Other sister: Allegro, Maxi, Metro x 6

Me: 3 x Metro, 1 x Maestro, 2 x Monty. In my case, all my Leyland cars had done well over 100K with very few problems. That said in all cases, the bodywork was the undoing of them.

My last, a Perkins-engined Monty Tdi Estate went to the scrapyard in the sky with 160K on the clock and room for shed-loads more (I was gutted), but the bodywork was well forked.... That was a belting car.. like a tardis on wheels!

Anyway, I'm not going to feel guilty that at the moment I do not own a "British" car.

So there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back