new van.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a means of trying to reduce overheads but at the same time still manage to carry on working, i was wondering if there are any views on medium size vans such as the Ford connect, or similar. Specifically, can you get by and perhaps save on fuel, or is there no point. Anyone any views on which vans they like. I have used transits and vito, in the past, but both are quite thirsty.[/i]

Sponsored Links
the 6 speed vauxhall vivaro 1.9d ok as long as its not thrashed.
although larger than a connect its more streamlined.
firm i know called connaught had a fleet of these usually first part of registration is NL or NA well this firm went bust and lease vans now available.
sorry all in red but they are limited to 67.5mph with tracking devices but on resale no limiter and they really are good vans.
its a nissan,renault and vauxhall combined effort and any person who i have met are happy with this vehicle.

good luck.

THe Connect is a Tardis in Reverse it looks big...but isn't and Very thristy on Derv!
I have run Vivaros and Trafics they are very impressive doing high 30'2 per gallon even over 40MPG if carefull easy manouvre as well

just got rid of mine in favour of a Astravan Sportive 1-9 auto....well I always said i wouldn't be driving a Van at 50 ...don't really want to get caught for company car tax,,so the astra van seemed the best compromise!! ;)

Sponsored Links
We run a fleet of Citroen Dispatch/Peugeot Partner/Fiat Doblo vans, they're not bad and racked out correctly can hold quite a bit. There are a few niggles - the sliding doors have a tendency to drop a bit, making it a bit draughty, and there's an odd little radiator underneath for the fuel system that sooner or later will fall off and bounce along the road under the van until you get it cable tied back into place, but they're the only real niggles, we've found them to be very reliable. Beware the new shape though (07 onwards), apparently they aren't as well made

many thanks for all your feedback. ill have a good look at what has been mentioned. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back