New Van

dav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well technically not a tool but didn't know where else to post - getting a new van soon around £11-12K to spend, anyway dad can get me a Ford ticket so looking at the LWB connect 1.8Tdci 90ps - meets my demands size wise and can pick up one with the extra's for around £10.5K. Its a Ford so will be cheap to run, and as I understand a generally good van - any other opinions or actual opinions on the Connect, was also looking at the VW transporter a little bigger and I would have to go for a year old model with 4-10k on the clock??

Sponsored Links
why are you buying it. Why not do contract rental? Its the most tax efficent option. you get a new van, warranty road tax paid for three years. At the end you hand it back and get another one. no depreciation, no money tied up in it. Well worth looking at

I have a mate who works for autoglass.He gets his van supplied of course,but he now has a swb Transit connect.Says it is the best van he has ever had.
His work area is Birmingham,so a 40 miles each way commute in comfort and with reasonable economy.He recommends them to anyone thinking of a van. :LOL:

Yes, I like the look of them but I wish they did an MPV version. I currently use a Fiat Doblo MPV but it has not been reliable. I used to have a Ford Courier which was slow for a 1.8 but generally reliable.

Sponsored Links
fido said:
I currently use a Fiat Doblo MPV but it has not been reliable.

Can you enlarge on the unreliable bit for me please as I am looking the Doblo. Which engine how old and what is the problem / s pleas?

Thanx.

on to my second connect swb 220 tdci first one 2003 needed the injectors replaced twice each set did 27k the altinator wireing corroded through at 30k sold it on at 80k needed 2 throttle sensors soon after that ford repaired every thing ok though
the second van september 05 now done 55k no mecanical problems repaire the altinator wireing my self at 30k the brakes seam to over heat easy but probably down to my driving. only complaint is the paint work on the bottom of the sills its pealing off have now complained 3 times since february the replie comes each time as

"Ford have not got back to us yet we will chase them up again"

so it looks like the new caddy next time.
o and dont forget the mobile camera van they are hard up and take your photo if you go over 50 mph on single carrageway and bill you for it
absoulitly pithetic morris minor can now overtake me easy.
now hope ford dont read this last bit.
but in all a good hardy van

Back