Good tiling books?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just tiled a kitchen for a customer, mainly because his tiler let him down and he wanted the job doing before Christmas...... Now I'll admit that I'm hardly the world's greatest tiler, but I actually found the job quite enjoyable and a bit of a change from the "day job" (joinery/furniture making/installation), and the customer was sufficiently pleased to ask me if I'd like to put him a heated floor in - and tile it (in a couple of months time) as part of ongoing work on the house. Now I'm interested in learning a bit more, especially as I also have my own bathroom to do in the next few months as well. Could anyone point me in the direction of a suitable up to date book or two one the subject, or an appropriate source of info on the web?

Ta

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Most of the books are American so their way of doing things if different to ours, you could get in a lot of bother if you don't know what they mean when they talk about "Mud" but you should know that having worked there.

Jason

www.tileforums.com
paul is good sound lad for a stoke fella .....lol
but his forum is all about you attending his courses that IMHO are quite dear ,

bal do a tilers course here
http://www.building-adhesives.com/bal/training_form.asp

strangely enough it was paul at pitt who helped bal set up their training course years ago ..

as jase said you can go Trusted Tradesmen ,they have a pro tilers forum , an Mudster is a sound good Toplad , he isnt on the tools any more last time we chatted awhile ago .. he has gone into the importing/selling stone /tiles etc ...tip top tiler ,nearly as good as me ..lol ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back