Goodbye Jeremy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the BBC has finally sacked Clarkson.

Not really a surprise.

Opinion appears to be divided into 2 camps - those who think he had to go and those who think he ought to have been allowed to carry on despite assaulting a producer.

Personally, I don't like or dislike him but I do feel that keeping him on would have sent the wrong signals.

Views??

B

Sponsored Links
Did they sack him or just not renew his contract, I have heard both said.

He was on a final written warning, what comes after that?

ALLEGEDLY assaulted a producer, so far he(the producer) has NOT made a public statement either way.

Sponsored Links
ALLEGEDLY assaulted a producer, so far he(the producer) has NOT made a public statement either way.

Irrespective of whether the producer has or has not made such a statement, the content of the report evidences that an assault was committed viz.

An internal investigation began last week, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland.

It found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip."

It lasted "around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report.

Clarkson dug his own grave.

Selfishly, I will miss TG. But, I couldn't condone Clarkson being treated differently, just because he's famous / rich / "powerful". We should all be treated equally (except Premier League footballers, of course..... :rolleyes: )

Maybe we can now have William Woollard back, and TG can revert back to a programme about cars and be suitable for adult viewers.

Or is it that modern cars are so dull and predictable that driving them sideways with smoking tyres or exploding caravans is the only way to keep people's attention?

Not only should he have been sacked; he should also have been charged with actual bodily harm.

I suspect he was under the misapprehension that fame would protect him from the law.

Not only should he have been sacked; he should also have been charged with actual bodily harm.

I suspect he was under the misapprehension that fame would protect him from the law.

According to the article, the police wish to see the investigation report to assess it so may not be all over just yet.....

The BBC had no choice.

Only justification for the licence fee is to maintain standards, they could hardly keep him on wage and pull that one.

He'll be laughing all the way to the bank, probably get a good golden handshake and a lucritive deal with ITV/SKY :rolleyes:

It's great to see this happen since it sends a clear message to all people of the consequence of a violent outburst. In particular, the next time a sportsman such as a footballer lashes out and throws a punch, then presumably he'll be sacket immediately and permanently from the club, regardless of how good or valuable an asset he is. :confused: Hmm, I think not. Double standards :rolleyes:

In particular, the next time a sportsman such as a footballer lashes out and throws a punch, then presumably he'll be sacket immediately and permanently from the club, regardless of how good or valuable an asset he is. :confused: Hmm, I think not. Double standards :rolleyes:

Aye - he'll get excluded from Liverpool, made to live c. Barcelona, and be made to manage on double his salary.
That'll learn him. :D

Sponsored Links
Back