Goodbye to bas

Sponsored Links
I didnt like him and I didnt like his politicsor views, anyone who he disagreed with was either a moron or a Nazi..

He refered to people as bigots, which with his attitude was a bit rich.

I made it clear from the start..and we were never going to hit it off..

That said, he is very intelligent far beyond my reaches and capabilites and he knew :confused: far more long words than me...and lots of short ones ive never heard of too.

I thought he had a bit more about him than to walk away from the situation on here.

The MODS were very patient with him for a long time on here but in the end they were always going to win...deleting a post or thread is the equiv of someone putting a phone down on you halfway through a barny.

I bear him no malice (the fat leftie pinko!)

;)

Sponsored Links
Is that Kernewek for the act of trying it on with a flacid **nis?

Good point Richard :D

Just one more lash from me, but not in anger.

BAS isn't here to defend himself, and maybe that's his own choice, although after some of the comments, it'd be understandable for him to put his side, if he so chose.

We all have our faults, but I believe BAS's intentions were always good and not based on personal interest. In general discussion he uses an uncompromising style and his approach may have put some people's noses out of joint. The negative responses towards him have been from people who may have a personal axe to grind; maybe validly so, but what amounts to a cumulative character assassination and speculation concerning details of an individual's personal life and problems are uncalled for and do not show any writer in the best of lights. I would've hoped for a little more compassion, but maybe that's expecting too much. Sometimes maybe its better to be good than to be right?

He has also contributed a great deal to the technical side of the forum, for which he has been shown scant regard.

noodlz said:
BAS isn't here to defend himself
That's not actually correct.

He has also contributed a great deal to the technical side of the forum, for which he has been shown scant regard.
Actually, I've seen plenty of regard being given over the years.

Softus said:
noodlz said:
BAS isn't here to defend himself
That's not actually correct.

Actually, I've seen plenty of regard being given over the years.

Were you a monkey in a previous life, Softus? :eek: Your nit-picking is legendary! :LOL: ;)

Read the rest of my quote "...and maybe that's his own choice..." bit...self-emposed exile if you will.

I do call it scant regard when he tries to post a goodbye post on the electrics forum that's removed for no good reason.

But why am I picking nits with you :rolleyes:...just because you pick mine, I ought to realise we are not group of monkeys....or are we? :evil:

noodlz said:
BAS isn't here to defend himself, and maybe that's his own choice, although after some of the comments, it'd be understandable for him to put his side, if he so chose.
Well, I haven't been here much, and it is entirely my choice. As I came back to close the loop on the coin-weighing teaser, I might as well close the loop on this.

As I said, it is my choice to leave, and those of you who were quick enough to have seen my posts here and in the electrical forum last week will have seen my reasons, and will also know that it's pointless me trying to explain them again.

I also have no intention of arguing here with those who are pleased to see me go, and who have been taking one final opportunity to engage in personal point-scoring attacks.

But to those who wished me well - thanks.

Bye, everyone.

Mike

noodlz said:
Were you a monkey in a previous life, Softus? :eek: Your nit-picking is legendary!
No - I was a legend. ;)

Read the rest of my quote "...and maybe that's his own choice..." bit...self-emposed exile if you will.
I read it; but you can't correct something that's wrong by appending another statement, unless it's a request to ignore the previous error.

I do call it scant regard when he tries to post a goodbye post on the electrics forum that's removed for no good reason.
You call it scant regard, I call it a fly in the ointment. It's only semantics, and probably not important - my nitpicking doesn't extend that far.

BAS wrote,
I also have no intention of arguing here with those who are pleased to see me go, and who have been taking one final opportunity to engage in personal point-scoring attacks.

But to those who wished me well - thanks.

Bye, everyone.

Take care Mike, I'm glad we went out agreeing once.

paulbrown wrote:
I rarely agree with BAS but he's right on this occasion.
BAS replied.
It's gotta happen sometimes

For what its worth mate, I'm off too.

Cheers and regards, Dave.
(btw you should have sussed me out).

(what say you tricky ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Take care everyone.

BAS, I think in reality nobody want's to see you leave this site but as you've said it's your choice. Although I can understand some of your reasons I am surprised that you let an internet forum get to you.

You are by far the best "lay" sparks that I've ever come across and as Ali G would say...respect.

Sorry but I don't regard someone who throws his toys out of the pram in an attempt to get the thread locked when his idea's are succesfully challenged as being particulary intelligent. Bl***y-minded yes - definitely the most tenacious individual I've come across in a long time. To my mind intelligence must contain some mechanism for replacing old ideas with new ones, something BAS was singularly lacking. You rarely meet people with such robust ideological immune systems.

Sponsored Links
Back