Google Adwords

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Does anyone use google adwords for their website and do you think it is worth it?

thanks in advance

micky

Sponsored Links
Depends on so many things really. It should be part of your whole webmarketing strategy. E.g: does your add end up on your home page or on a specific "landing page". what's your goal: leads, prospects or buyers straight away?

At the moment we only use AdWords for our wood-guides - specific targeted ads with specific keywords and networks. Special landing page too.

thanks for reply, i was just basically trying to increase my rating, but I think I'm just being impatient. Problem with being a gas heating engineer, plumber, boiler bloke or whatever, there is a multitude of things the custard can input into the search to find you, so quite tricky with the SEO. I think I've got it quite good now and its a new site so to have reasonable rating early i think is ok. I was just wondering would adwords increase my rating, but I've decided to wait and see for a bit. Its mainly google that seems to not like my site.
cheers

Do you want me to have a look at your site (and the source behind it?) Couldn't find the url in your profile

Sponsored Links
its ok, I'm just gonna sit on my hands for a few weeks see how it goes. Appreciate the offer though. ;)

yeah i use it, doesnt do that much for me, my add words are

Preston plumbing
leyland plumbing
bamber bridge plumbing
blackburn plumbing
LEX Plumbing
LEX Heating

and same are names with gas and heating on them plus also business name

the best thing its done for me by adding them is increase my local business centre rating where i am now number 1 for leyland and climbing up for blackburn.

iv only had a website for a little over a month now and its not cost e much (maybe a fiver) in clicks but iv had over a grands worth of work from the local business centre listing.
only bad thing is i get more emergency work calls which i dont really do because they just google you and your number is there first.

adwords can be really useful if you set it up right and if you know exactly what your goals are.

in terms of helping your rankings - it wont help your natural search rankings - that's just seo.

what it can do is help get your site seen for search terms that you are either not ranking for yet or that are too competive for you to rank for.

I'm not sure how much of a budget you need, but Google will actually set the thing up for you if you ask them nicely.

Just keep in your mind the entire time- how much is a customer worth, then work out how much you a paying per click and what the conversion rate on your site/landing page.

you can soon see if it is worth it.

for me it was - i find i can run it - wheras with seo i got burned by a company for money that i could have better spent elsewhere.

i read an ebook on seo and I've managed to do pretty well by myself. Added with the fact I built the site myself and I've saved a packet. The response from the site is very good and its generated a few calls already, especially with my target customers. Lots of people see me on GSR and follow the link to my website, had several calls that way. Overall its going really well, and I'd encourage anyone wanting a website to have a go themselves. I used Ewisoft website builder.

Where to start? ;)

Too wide screen, too much we we we and no page title nor meta description.
and what's Microsoft Office doing there?

You need a lot of work on that one I'm afraid. But most thing can be simply rectified. have a look here to see what another DIY-not member made of his new site - with a little bit of help

Before you start paying Google anything find out which are the most popular keywords for your service- sometimes what the trade think is popular isnt what Joe Public uses.
I use www.keyworddiscovery.com for mine, its a free service for limited time, just note or print off what you want.

ironmongeryshoponline

Sounds to me you don't realise that Google Adwords comes with a very good keyword finder for your industry: FREE.

Before you start paying Google anything find out which are the most popular keywords for your service- sometimes what the trade think is popular isnt what Joe Public uses.
I use www.keyworddiscovery.com for mine, its a free service for limited time, just note or print off what you want.

ironmongeryshoponline

Well it doesn't work as I type in Ironmongery and I can't fine ironmongeryshoponline anywhere. :rolleyes:

You need a lot of work on that one I'm afraid. But most thing can be simply rectified. have a look here to see what another DIY-not member made of his new site - with a little bit of help

The website looks ok; it gives the impression of a professional business.
I have been looking at attracting work by using a website for a while, but have not found the answer to the key question:
How do I get people to look at my site?
Plenty of people that promise to give your website a top ranking in google, but it always a matter of plenty promise, plenty money, no guarantees.

How do I get my website at the top of google with the keywords I want?

Best tip I ever heard (and use constantly) is
The more you tell, the more you sell - hence our preference of using a blog platform as website (in our case the blog links to our normal site), like the one I directed you to.
In what you tell you can write "around" your keywords, make it interesting for visitors to read and take action. Blogs have the advantage you can easily manage them yourself, come SEO ready and google loves blogs.

Sponsored Links
Back